Honored Contributor

Re: Host should know the products

@coffeegal wrote:

I agree with you. I had to turn the channel on.. Before I even did, I thought I bet the host is...... and darn if I wasn't right.This host makes at least a mistake every time she is on. She has been on long enough to get things right. And the other hosts that are gone, did such a better  job than she ever has.. I certainly don't understand QVC in regards to the hosts.

@coffeegal 

LOL....Yep, I immediately guessed who it was....I checked the Program Guide and I was right too...Kristine Zell is always so unprepared and makes so many mistakes....And she's been at the Q for awhile....QVC pays her a nice salary and its not too much to ask for her to do her job competently.....I see her and even if it's a product I'm interested in, I have to end up grabbing the remote after a few minutes....SMH

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Gorgf wrote:

The Hosts used to talk about meetings to be introduced to products coming up and to discuss how to present them, I assume. I think the purpose of the cards is detail that is difficult to recall such as measurements which used to be the norm and not so much any more and availability etc. One would think that the three hours would certainly include at   more hours of preparation for a show with hair and make-up and answering questions etc. I would want to look, feel and double check before having to present.  Many as we know are given items to try out and test for themselves. In the Beauty area ,especially.

It would be like a teacher going into class without preparation and not having read and practiced the material to present. Part of the job. Yes glancing at notes or a book is  at times necessary.

I certainly do  not mind refreshing one`s memory with cards and I notice some Hosts also highlight. I do not think they should be a total crutch and yes, be knowledgeable about what you are presenting and selling. Sometimes a switch happens at the last minute. I heard one of the Dans did a  lingerie  show and pulled it off ? 

I have seen a few of "the guys" end up selling women's clothing and I have to say, they did a great job.  

I like your teacher comparison.  Very accurate!

@alarmclock 

A host went home sick and Rick ended up hosting a bra show....He did a good job....and was very professional about it too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@Gorgf wrote:

The Hosts used to talk about meetings to be introduced to products coming up and to discuss how to present them, I assume. I think the purpose of the cards is detail that is difficult to recall such as measurements which used to be the norm and not so much any more and availability etc. One would think that the three hours would certainly include at   more hours of preparation for a show with hair and make-up and answering questions etc. I would want to look, feel and double check before having to present.  Many as we know are given items to try out and test for themselves. In the Beauty area ,especially.

It would be like a teacher going into class without preparation and not having read and practiced the material to present. Part of the job. Yes glancing at notes or a book is  at times necessary.

I certainly do  not mind refreshing one`s memory with cards and I notice some Hosts also highlight. I do not think they should be a total crutch and yes, be knowledgeable about what you are presenting and selling. Sometimes a switch happens at the last minute. I heard one of the Dans did a  lingerie  show and pulled it off ? 

I have seen a few of "the guys" end up selling women's clothing and I have to say, they did a great job.  

I like your teacher comparison.  Very accurate!

@alarmclock 

A host went home sick and Rick ended up hosting a bra show....He did a good job....and was very professional about it too....

And I think Dan Wheeler sold Quacker Factory once.  

I saw Rick and yes, he stepped up.