Contributor

Host should know the products

I am watching the AnyBody show and at four minutes into the show the host has already made three mistakes. She called the model the wrong name and gave the wrong colors twice, once was on black.  How do you mess up black? I know it is hard to remember everything but this host constantly makes mistakes. I’m not sure why this host is still on air while other more prepared hosts have been let go.

Regular Contributor

Re: Host should know the products

I agree with you. I had to turn the channel on.. Before I even did, I thought I bet the host is...... and darn if I wasn't right.This host makes at least a mistake every time she is on. She has been on long enough to get things right. And the other hosts that are gone, did such a better  job than she ever has.. I certainly don't understand QVC in regards to the hosts.

Valued Contributor

I guess I'm the minority, b/c I think she does a great job. Sorry. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

Come on.  Feel better now.

Respected Contributor

@temptations fan   Glad ya got that off your chest! 🙄

Trusted Contributor

@temptations fan wrote:

I am watching the AnyBody show and at four minutes into the show the host has already made three mistakes. She called the model the wrong name and gave the wrong colors twice, once was on black.  How do you mess up black? I know it is hard to remember everything but this host constantly makes mistakes. I’m not sure why this host is still on air while other more prepared hosts have been let go.

Always great to hear from people who never make mistakes. They are in the ideal position to criticize others making mistakes that hardly matter. If a black garment is black, and you can see it’s black,  and know it’s black, why carp at an error in describing it wrong when it makes no difference? 

A whole 3 mistakes, two of which citing colors and one incorrect name of a model. This should not rev anyone up to post about another person. 

Petty, nit-picking reveals that the OP is someone who makes major mistakes. Mistakes in being rigid, judgemental, and willing to reveal their own character defects. Lighten up.  Hosts are human. And, it was 6 am!

Honored Contributor

I don't know who the OP is referring to but it seems to me that the host should know the models names and be well versed in the products they're selling which is, after all, their job.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't know who the OP is referring to, so I watched Items Recently On Air.  I watched this host on St. Patrick's Day when she hosted an early morning three hour show by herself, and I've been a fan of hers ever since.  She was terrific.  She was so charming and engaging with all of the Irish vendors.  Plus, she looked terrific in all of the green Irish sweaters she changed into during the show.  

Esteemed Contributor

The more experienced hosts I used to watch - when I watched more shows live - did that. 

-------------------

@Pearlee 

To my eye, there are still some 'experienced' hosts that still make many mistakes during one presentation!! These hosts are often unprepared.  They have one job and one job only....sell the items by offering correct descriptions of the products.  I end up changing the channel....

Trusted Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

@temptations fan wrote:

Always great to hear from people who never make mistakes. They are in the ideal position to criticize others making mistakes that hardly matter. If a black garment is black, and you can see it’s black,  and know it’s black, why carp at an error in describing it wrong when it makes no difference? 

A whole 3 mistakes, two of which citing colors and one incorrect name of a model. This should not rev anyone up to post about another person. 

Petty, nit-picking reveals that the OP is someone who makes major mistakes. Mistakes in being rigid, judgemental, and willing to reveal their own character defects. Lighten up.  Hosts are human. And, it was 6 am!

Are these people breaking rocks all day?

No.

Are they saving lives?

No.

Are they getting paid a lot of money?

Yes.

Are all of them really earning it?

No.

All of them are supposed to be prepared for their shows.  100%.

Should a 6:00 P.M. host be held to a higher standard than a 6:00 A.M. host?

No.  

It is not judgemental or nit picking to expect a person to do their job at least reasonably well - no matter where or when they work.