Honored Contributor

Re: Host claims that they use/own the product

@misschristy wrote:

I think when it comes to clothing, Carolyn and Mary Beth are definitely telling the truth (and the other hosts, but I seem to see these two saying it often).  Carolyn says she donates clothing to charity every year.  

I agree with you @misschristy  I think Carolyn really does wear Denim & Company. Jane has talked about wearing Quacker Factory and Clarks on vacation - why wouldn't I believe her. I've never heard any of them talk about using an entire line of makeup, but I believe Jane likes LG's Balance & Brighten, and Sandra uses Exfolikate. Jill says the only eyeliner she uses is Bobbi Brown's. I believe David, Rick, and Mary have Temptations in their kitchens. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

The hosts will indeed say what is needed to sell a product, even if that means saying they own just about everything they sell and almost everything happens to be their favorite.  Anyone notice lately that several of the hosts and vendors are now saying they are "obsessed" with whatever they are selling, even absolutely obsessed!   I think one of the prequisites to become a show host or vendor is to excel at hyperbole, which is a nice way to put be a "BS artist par excellence."

Valued Contributor

Christmas a few years ago, Q went to Carolyn's home.  I recognized many items from the Q, both inside and out.

Valued Contributor

Carolyn "two of everything" Gracie claims she has a $500 vacuum cleaner on the first floor in her house and a $500. vacuum on the second floor but takes it step further by saying she has got a $300 fan/heater in the basement, the first and second floor of her house. Believable ?????

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

My issue is not that they get everything and try everything or even buy everything.  That's understandable.

It's when they say each is their favorite or is the best or works the best.....

Some of them need to take notes to keep their stories straight.

Yup!  I agree!  I posted on one of these boards somewhere that I thought it was strange that Shawn RAAAAVED about the very, very expensive Dyson dryer and recently RAAAAVED about the new Calista hairdryer.  It's fine to say that you really like a product/item, but the way some hosts go on and on about a particular thing as being the absolute best thing that they can't live without then say the same thing about a similar item just makes us all question their honesty.  It's okay to like more than one thing, just sound believable.

Honored Contributor

I can totally see where the hosts would buy and use a lot of the  products they have to present. Part of their job. Unfortunately, if one is a dud, they can't say that--but wouldn't that be something if they did?!

However--the one HSN host named Shannon-----has EVERYTHING--------

she presents!!!!!!!!!! and most times at least 2 or 3 of each one----OMG----I want to scream---so I never watch her at all. Smiley Mad

Regular Contributor

My issue is when they say they have it in "every color"

Every item they are selling....they  have in every color..

or they are going to buy it as soon as they get off the air.....

Respected Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

Whatever they are pitching that day is their favorite.  Changes daily. Hahaha

@IamDoodles I can always tell when a particular color of a clothing item isn't selling very well because then that color instantly becomes their favorite.

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@IamDoodles wrote:

Whatever they are pitching that day is their favorite.  Changes daily. Hahaha

@IamDoodles I can always tell when a particular color of a clothing item isn't selling very well because then that color instantly becomes their favorite.

You've got that right about saying the one that doesn't seem to be going is the favorite.   That's the one they'll tell someone to order for them or they are going to order it after the show.  No credibility