Esteemed Contributor

Hate her (the one I think is being referred to) nails too but hey she's over the top with everything, hair & makeup. That's just her. Doesn't make her a bad person. But to get to my point re nails. I FIND IT SICKENING when the food vendors start squishing & squeezing the product and it gets all under the nails. ICK ICK ICK. Put it on a plate for God's sake and cut it with a knife and then squish it with that if the demo requires that you must squish the guts out of whatever it is.

Esteemed Contributor

Shaggy - I would give you ten hearts if I could.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  That is priceless!  Where did you find it?  I am in tears with laughter.  Thanks so much!!!

Respected Contributor

I think the fingernails of today are so much better than those of years gone by.  At one time it seems all the female hosts wore false nails;  they were very, very long and some were claw-like.   One in particular wore hers squared off and they were very thick.  I often wondered about sanitary issues.  The short, nicely groomed nails are a big improvement! 

Honored Contributor

image.png

Respected Contributor

Yes Yes Yes!!!

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Hate her (the one I think is being referred to) nails too but hey she's over the top with everything, hair & makeup. That's just her. Doesn't make her a bad person. But to get to my point re nails. I FIND IT SICKENING when the food vendors start squishing & squeezing the product and it gets all under the nails. ICK ICK ICK. Put it on a plate for God's sake and cut it with a knife and then squish it with that if the demo requires that you must squish the guts out of whatever it is.

Yes Yes Yes!!!  Just Ick every time!

Super Contributor

Of course no long nails in the OR! 

Honored Contributor

I think most of them have gel manicures, which is what I usually have.  I like the lighter shades in the warmer weather and the darker shades for fall and winter.  However, I prefer short nails.  The only host with lovely long-ish nails is Leah Williams who has beautiful hands and nails.

Agree about AN who has terribly shaped (Theresa Caputo, but shorter) nails in that teenager shade of pink.  

MBR favors that old-lady French manicure with the rounded nails, which I obviously don't like either. ( Not all French manicures are old-lady, but her nail shape and short nail bed don't look great with that type of manicure.)

I think JT may do her own nails, because they kind of look like it.  Not really a compliment I guess.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think most of them have gel manicures, which is what I usually have.  I like the lighter shades in the warmer weather and the darker shades for fall and winter.  However, I prefer short nails.  The only host with lovely long-ish nails is Leah Williams who has beautiful hands and nails.

Agree about AN who has terribly shaped (Theresa Caputo, but shorter) nails in that teenager shade of pink.  

MBR favors that old-lady French manicure with the rounded nails, which I obviously don't like either. ( Not all French manicures are old-lady, but her nail shape and short nail bed don't look great with that type of manicure.)

I think JT may do her own nails, because they kind of look like it.  Not really a compliment I guess.

They should have an in-house nail tech - for hosts and vendors to use.