Regular Contributor

Makes no difference if they don’t look fake.  Lately, almost all the models & hosts appear to be wearing fake nails in a light pink shade.  Some look better than others which are noticeably fake.  Q must be buying that shade in case loads.  I’m waiting for one to pop off during a jewelry presentation!  Of course, this is a better alternative to a bad manicure.

Regular Contributor

I did a permanent French manicure for years.  I have rheumatoid arthritis & my fingers have become slightly bent with rheumatoid nodules.  I felt that the look was more natural & did not draw attention to my hands as many as shades would.  Guess that made me an “old lady” despite my age......

Regular Contributor

Seems like pointy nails are popular, but I think they’re awful.  I like a squared look as they’re attractive & you won’t poke your eye out.

Valued Contributor

@LIPearl wrote:

Don’t the nails look fake on most hosts & presenters?  They look great, but look like paste on nails.  They are all too perfect to be polish.

I feel some host do not try to make their nails look the best they can. I know we cannot help the way our nails were formed, but when you do not have a pretty nailbed, please do not try to make it stand out to be worse with horrible nail polish as black, green, purple something a 12 year old would wear. I think J. Coffee has beautiful nails, slender fingers and always has a beautiful manicure. It is part of the picture, just as dressing the part, for the whole presentation. No I am not into the long nails that are so long you look less than a class presentation. JMO.          bamasec

Super Contributor

Actually, oval shape is the most flattering. Try a short oval shape and a manicurist who is excellent at application. The correct nail color will make all the difference between old fashioned and up to date.

I prefer silk nails, but, it is getting difficult to find a manicurist who will apply them. Next favorite is gel.

Regular Contributor

None of their nails bother me, except perhaps 1...sorry no shade Josie but they are usually chipped and dirty.  Ick, not a fan

Honored Contributor

Leah always has beautiful nails.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

It doesn’t really bother me, but I do prefer the more natural look in manicures.  Jennifer Coffey and Amy Stran have the prettiest hands/nails consistently to me.  But for the glam, polished look, Leah’s hands & nails are gorgeous.

@Caaareful Shopper  Jennifer has the best. She found a polish that compliments her skin tone and blends seamlessly.

Trusted Contributor

now a days i'd say 80% of woman have acrylic nails... i've had mine for 20 plus yrs.. yes you can tell when their acrylic because they look too perfect. but they look nice. i'm not a fan of real long fake nails. i keep mine short. i cant function when they're long

Frequent Contributor

Oh my gosh, this video it tooooo funny!  I love the non-chalant look on the cat-just precious!!!