Honored Contributor

Re: Host always dressed like she is in her way to the gym

[ Edited ]

@Lelia 

I think folks are missing your point......

Yes times have changed in OFFICE SETTINGS and many corporations have adopted casual dress. However, what some don't realize is that they are comparing Apples to Oranges!!!!   Things are different in the world of TV....I don't see national or local news teams dressing in their favorite hoodie, t-shirt with a message, or an outfit that looks like they came from the beach or weekend camping trip....Instead I see them dressed professionally in "business" attire.....dresses and suits...why even those sportscasters and sideline reporters dress this way for NFL, NBA, and NCAA games....

Now there are times when hosts have a garden show, or a show for one of the more casual clothing lines so their clothes match the setting--- hosts like Carolyn, Courtney K., Leah, Katie, Mary N. and they still look nice even while dressing casually....isnt that the purpose and focus of some of QVC's Fashion lines, looking stylish in casual clothes but still feeling comfortable and not sloppy or too casual... ????  Some hosts get it!!!

And I agree with you....KL sometimes dresses like she just came from the beach...she looks sloppy and unprofessional...I can understand her dressing in active wear if she's demonstrating excercise or fitness equipment or loungewear....BUT that's not case on the shows I've seen her host....Oh, perhaps she dresses this way so she can do an impromptu acrobatic move I think it was a cartwheel or somersalt...that she demonstrated on a recent fashion show with Isaac...afterall, the attention does have to be focused on her animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif

Now there have been times when she has dressed appropriately and looked nice so she can do this if she wants too....She seems to be following SK's lead, not necessarily a good thing,....and doing and dressing how she wants...

The hosts do seem to have access to QVC clothes because Leah and Carolyn talked about how they put their outfits together....And its talked about on their Facebook Pages....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Times have changed - thank goodness!!!  What anyone wears to their job is dependent on many factors.  Some places are more businessy and have strict dress codes.  This is a shopping channel and not a formal business setting.  Clothing says nothing about a person's ability to do their job!!!  Where I used to work there were many more who dressed in so called "professional" clothing that were not efficent and did their job poorly.  Over the years I found the majority of the ones who dressed more casually were usually the ones that did the best job.  I know I hated all the prissy and fussy boring look alike clothing the hosts used to wear way back.  It seemed to stiffle their personalities as well.  I don't care what the presenters are wearing.

@Pook 

So Pook that's the whole difference the hosts are on TV....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

It isn't 1819, and women don't dress like it is, and haven't for the long time.

Time change, fashions change.

One can adapt, or get left behind with the dinosaurs.

@Anonymous032819 

So I guess all the national and local newscasters, sportscasters, reporters, cable news and business stations...and even game show hosts are back in the Flintstone age.... huh???? Yabba Dabba Do!

Respected Contributor

The Country as a whole is becoming more casual. Why should a host not be comfortable while doing their job? Some of the news people would look better in casual clothes. You see some of the ladies in sleeveless dresses in the dead of winter. Now that is sillly. I certainly don't care what my salesperson is wearing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  The difference is that a shopping channel is more casual because items presented are more casual in nature - except for maybe higher end jewelry shows and not like say a lawyer's office, bank, hospital, real estate office, etc. who have standards of dress.  My main point is who cares what they are wearing.  It has no effect on the product and anyone's life.  The way some go on and on - well it just sounds like my grandmother and her friends obsessing about the younger generation's dress!!

For me - well - I really don't care what anyone is wearing at any job just so their clothing is clean and neat and they do their job!!   I have dealt with way too many snobby overdressed people who were incompetent!  I actually prefer dealing with someone dressed casually no matter what business it is!

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Spurt  The difference is that a shopping channel is more casual because items presented are more casual in nature - except for maybe higher end jewelry shows and not like say a lawyer's office, bank, hospital, real estate office, etc. who have standards of dress.  My main point is who cares what they are wearing.  It has no effect on the product and anyone's life.  The way some go on and on - well it just sounds like my grandmother and her friends obsessing about the younger generation's dress!!

For me - well - I really don't care what anyone is wearing at any job just so their clothing is clean and neat and they do their job!!   I have dealt with way too many snobby overdressed people who were incompetent!  I actually prefer dealing with someone dressed casually no matter what business it is!

@Pook 

What a host wears CAN be a distraction .....  I remember Courtney C. wearing navy capris that had white polka dots and white lace around the bottom of each leg, and pink printed top (I think it was Logo)  I kept thinking...the only thing that's missing is a red nose to complete the clown outfit....SMH  I dont remember the other items in the show...all I could do is stare at that awful outfit...I even found a picture of her wearing it, and posted it on the Forums....There have been other "memorable" outfits, but not quite like that one...

Honored Contributor

I sure am happy that I am not distracted and bothered by such trivial things like some posting here!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

I sure am happy that I am not distracted and bothered by such trivial things like some posting here!! 

@Pook 

But if I recall...now I could be wrong....weren't you bothered and distracted and a bit furious because some mean girl bullies scared your friends off the Forum....????  A lot of venting ..................

Honored Contributor

Depends on the dress code of the place.  I work at a university and not at the public.  So they are lenient in dress.  I wear my premium jeans with heels there. And a dressy jacket.  There was a time no one went to the office in jeans. The only time I'm in a good dress or  suit is for meetings.  I walk in to work in sneakers.  Wear heels once I'm in the office. 

Regular Contributor

KL is my favorite host.  Being another gym rat I don't see the problem with wearing gym clothes. I think it shows to the world you care about your health.  She inspires me to get moving quickly to the gym or at least to get moving.