Respected Contributor

Re: Host always dressed like she is in her way to the gym

I for one do not miss pantyhose and suits!  Ditched those babies about as quick as I could say “retiring”!

Respected Contributor

When I first started shopping here when QVC took over CVN, the female hosts weren't allowed to wear pants on air.  That was sure extreme. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her "gym" style in indicitive of the way the country dresses. It's a shame. I recently got back from a month out west in Colorado and Oregon and Washington.

Everyone dressed that way. In fact, in the Pacific Norhtwest almost everyone wears their hiking gear all day just to wear. I wore my hiking gear when I was actually hiking.

It makes me sad eveyone looks terrible today. Yesterday I went to a large baby shower. I wore my new Isaac Mizarahi pima cotton dress in aqua with May's IM's TSV in Navy floral with an old Judith Ripka Two suite. All of the older crowd (I'm 53) was dressed appropriately all of the millenial generation was dressed in athleisure, yoga pants, sneakers, hair in a messy bun with no makeup or jewelry. 

I'm sorry, but can we can any lower? I hope things turn around. I hate the way this country is turning out. No one has any respect for anything--not even at funerals.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I sure am happy that I am not distracted and bothered by such trivial things like some posting here!! 

@Pook 

But if I recall...now I could be wrong....weren't you bothered and distracted and a bit furious because some mean girl bullies scared your friends off the Forum....????  A lot of venting ..................

@Spurt  Yes, you definitely are wrong!!!  I was never bothered (and never would be) or distracted and a bit furious because some mean girl bullies scared my friends off the Forum!!!  Where you got that from I don't know.  I don't really have "friends" on an anonymous forum!  While there are some  bullies here at times, they usually are the ones left looking nasty!  Nothing to get bothered about!  There are way more friendly, helpful seemingly wonderful people here.  If anyone leaves the forum because of the bullies that is their choice and nothing I would be that bothered to distraction by!! 

Honored Contributor

Regarding hosts wearing items sold on their network:

Before the holidays, a host (not on QVC though this happened here as well) had on a pair of diamond hoop earrings that were EXACTLY what I was looking for- the right size, the right amount of diamonds, the right style...everything. I thought surely this is an item that is going to be presented in the show (jewelry show). Nope. So I called CS about it and was told it was her own jewelry. I said "do you know how much money your company would have made if those earrings were sold by your company?" with a laugh. The CS rep replied, in a serious voice "Oh, I know. People have been calling in during her entire time on air for those earrings and management is NOT happy. It won't happen again, I can tell you that!"

I often think what a huge loss of an opportunity to sell an item if your host isn't wearing what you carry.

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@Lelia, I agree with you. I remember the old days when Kathy Levine and the other ladies always dressed so nicely and Jeff Hewson and the other guys wore suits and ties. It was a professional work environment back then. 

Yeah, yeah I know times have changed and people will not agree. 

I agree with you 100%! I miss the high quality items the Q used to feature, the more formal clothing ("Evening Enchantment"), and the class in which the hosts sold the items. Now its blah, blah about how they own 10 of them or they banter back and forth with the vendor. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I sure am happy that I am not distracted and bothered by such trivial things like some posting here!! 

@Pook 

But if I recall...now I could be wrong....weren't you bothered and distracted and a bit furious because some mean girl bullies scared your friends off the Forum....????  A lot of venting ..................

@Spurt  Yes, you definitely are wrong!!!  I was never bothered (and never would be) or distracted and a bit furious because some mean girl bullies scared my friends off the Forum!!!  Where you got that from I don't know.  I don't really have "friends" on an anonymous forum!  While there are some  bullies here at times, they usually are the ones left looking nasty!  Nothing to get bothered about!  There are way more friendly, helpful seemingly wonderful people here.  If anyone leaves the forum because of the bullies that is their choice and nothing I would be that bothered to distraction by!! 

@Pook 

Sorry, I must have mixed you up with someone else with a similar nick...I apologize

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I like it now that when the host has on something from the Q, they show the item number.

Lately I've purchased 2 tops Jill wore.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Regarding hosts wearing items sold on their network:

Before the holidays, a host (not on QVC though this happened here as well) had on a pair of diamond hoop earrings that were EXACTLY what I was looking for- the right size, the right amount of diamonds, the right style...everything. I thought surely this is an item that is going to be presented in the show (jewelry show). Nope. So I called CS about it and was told it was her own jewelry. I said "do you know how much money your company would have made if those earrings were sold by your company?" with a laugh. The CS rep replied, in a serious voice "Oh, I know. People have been calling in during her entire time on air for those earrings and management is NOT happy. It won't happen again, I can tell you that!"

I often think what a huge loss of an opportunity to sell an item if your host isn't wearing what you carry.

@SahmIam 

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

And this happens all the time, you see it on the Facebook Live chats...when sadly customers are told "sorry, it's from their own closet"...And I found it interesting that Management wasn't happy about it....some people think that customer feedback/comments don't matter...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

MAKES ME WINCE TOO - SLOPPY is not young or hip - it's disrespectful to the paycheck.

Makes me miss L ROBERTSON...she always arrived pert/polished/professional and not a hair outta place.