Honored Contributor

Re: Host always dressed like she is in her way to the gym

I've noticed that a person behaves according to how they are dressed, even children. The host in question can't seem to resist gym behavior in her bym attire. I find it odd but if the Q people don't care it's their dime not mine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

I respectfully disagree...she always looks nice to me. 

All hosts have their own style as in real every day life. I like seeing their personality come out in their clothing. 

I agree with you @DREAMON .

It is a Saturday morning program. Traditionally a time to dress in your casual clothes.  She fits right in with the vibe of the show. I think her outfit is cute.

I know there is a contingent of posters here who long for the days when women had to dress in pantyhose,  suits and "modest" little dresses to be considered professional.  Those days are long gone. I happily say RIP.  I never related to the prissiness of the hosts' dress back in those days.

In addition, the "always" already makes the threat (sorry, typo) thread title untrue.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Casual dressing  doesn't bother me on QVC as long as they look neat and clean!    There is casual dressing and there is sloppy dressing.  Even gym type clothes can look nice!Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

If you are referring to KL, right now she is lying on the floor demonstrating a product for your back.  What would suggest she should wear for this particular demo and all the similar products she demonstrates?

Respected Contributor

@Lelia wrote:
Don't know about you, but if I showed up for work looking like I was going to the gym, I would be reprimanded. Why are hosts wearing gym clothes when not selling gym equipment or gym clothes? If I see that host who owns no other clothes and apparently does not have access to the clothes they do sell on the Q, I switch channels. QVC is losing its professionalism.

I use to be an avid QVC watcher, but I find now that I seldom watch anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't care how Kerstin dresses I just don't watch  any time she is on. It's a personal preference. Some hosts I like some I dont simple as that.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

As long as they have clothes on I am good with it! LOLSmiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

A lot of people struggle to understand what work casual means. I don’t think anyone is suggesting going back to hose, hats and gloves. Yet gym attire is not appropriate either unless selling gym equipment. But I noticed the camera vendor was in a hoodie. So I guess they are trying to hook in really young viewers. Carolyn in her embroidered t shirt looked more appropriate to me as work place casual. But at the end of the day QVC bosses decide. It’s the cool mommy shtick I find tired.

If the bosses had a problem with how they dressed, they would be spoken to, I'm sure.

Since they obviously don't have a problem with it, then it's cool with them with how they dress.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I always have assumed that on-air wardrobe choices are run by the show’s  producer, or some other person.  I can’t believe QVC just allows hosts to wear whatever they want.

Of course, I could be totally wrong!

Honored Contributor

I fail to see how someone dressed casually on a TV show is disrespecting me ,or anyone else?

What should be covered is covered. I think people really grab at straws, when they get umpty over something as trivial as clothing styles ,on a sales network program

I save my angst for things in the world that actually matter ,in the big wide scheme of things.