Honored Contributor

Re: Host always dressed like she is in her way to the gym

I happened to see Kerstin yesterday while channel surfing. She looked so pretty and although dressed casually, very appropriate for what she was selling. Everything about Kerstin reminded me of "healthy and fit." She was like a breath of fresh air...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

The OP has a valid complaint, IMHO.  One of the reasons why I never watch KL. 

@Krimpette  I agree.  She seems to be trying to clone Shawn in stance and nonchalant attitude.  Another reason to turn the channel - and I do.  

@Lelia 

Since you are new I'm forewarning you - people here are absolutely devoted to some of the hosts.  I've never seen anything like it, and, will never understand such loyalty to a shopping channel host.  Be careful.   

Honored Contributor

Kerstin is wearing clothing sold on the Q.  The show is mostly being presented outside.  She looks great.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@Ms tyrion2, personal appearance and looking nice thankfully matter to me and my friends. It plays a big part in success. 

@RetRN ,

Disregarding the not so subtle dig, I agree. Looking nice is important.  The description of "nice" is another story.

Honored Contributor

@RetRNI think we need to keep in mind that while Kathy L might have been professionally dressed, a major part of her appeal in the 1990's was that what she said and how she said it broke through the" professiona" barriers of her day.

Not everyone was so accepting of her.  I remember one of my aunts who had seen a bio of KL in her Costco asked me who in the world would care about her.  l decided to assume the question was rhetorical.

PS -  In the days Kathy did DMQ, I did buy some -  I know there are several pieces still in my jewelry collection, but most I haven't worn for at least 2 decades, so this summer I think I'll investigate selling the gold settings although even in the 1990's, those settings weren't really heavy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lot of people struggle to understand what work casual means. I don’t think anyone is suggesting going back to hose, hats and gloves. Yet gym attire is not appropriate either unless selling gym equipment. But I noticed the camera vendor was in a hoodie. So I guess they are trying to hook in really young viewers. Carolyn in her embroidered t shirt looked more appropriate to me as work place casual. But at the end of the day QVC bosses decide. It’s the cool mommy shtick I find tired.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lelia wrote:
Don't know about you, but if I showed up for work looking like I was going to the gym, I would be reprimanded. Why are hosts wearing gym clothes when not selling gym equipment or gym clothes? If I see that host who owns no other clothes and apparently does not have access to the clothes they do sell on the Q, I switch channels. QVC is losing its professionalism.

Oh, goodness. I have never seen anyone dressed like they were going to the gym on QVS unless they were selling some sort of fitness equipment.

If you are talking about Kirsten Lindquist, I wish I looked that good. I have seen her wearing work out clothing, but she is very fit, and sells a lot of fitness gear.

Honored Contributor

Eh. It's what you see on campus. It's what you see at the mall. It's what you see going to an appointment of any type. It's what you see in court. It's what you see in Church.  It's what my son sees on job interviews (he wears a suit). 

That said,I think it's sloppy, unprofessional and makes the wearer look lazy.

Occasional Contributor

I have been shopping QVC since it was CVN so not new. Here's an idea respect the opinions of others and don't be a hater
Respected Contributor

@Lelia wrote:
I have been shopping QVC since it was CVN so not new. Here's an idea respect the opinions of others and don't be a hater

Indeed.

Even when they disagree with your topic