Occasional Contributor

Host always dressed like she is in her way to the gym

Don't know about you, but if I showed up for work looking like I was going to the gym, I would be reprimanded. Why are hosts wearing gym clothes when not selling gym equipment or gym clothes? If I see that host who owns no other clothes and apparently does not have access to the clothes they do sell on the Q, I switch channels. QVC is losing its professionalism.
Honored Contributor

Re: Host always dressed like she is in her way to the gym

@Lelia, I agree with you. I remember the old days when Kathy Levine and the other ladies always dressed so nicely and Jeff Hewson and the other guys wore suits and ties. It was a professional work environment back then. 

Yeah, yeah I know times have changed and people will not agree. 

Occasional Contributor

@RetRN those days are sure gone. I for one have no interest in purchasing from people who have so little respect for the viewers that they think it is acceptable to dress down. With the prices the Q is charging, and offer older models of electronics, you would think they would exert a little effort on our behalf.
Honored Contributor

The OP has a valid complaint, IMHO.  One of the reasons why I never watch KL. 

Respected Contributor

@Lelia wrote:
Don't know about you, but if I showed up for work looking like I was going to the gym, I would be reprimanded. Why are hosts wearing gym clothes when not selling gym equipment or gym clothes? If I see that host who owns no other clothes and apparently does not have access to the clothes they do sell on the Q, I switch channels. QVC is losing its professionalism.

You can't be serious. Then switch channels.

Honored Contributor

I respectfully disagree...she always looks nice to me. 

All hosts have their own style as in real every day life. I like seeing their personality come out in their clothing. 

Honored Contributor

Times are changing.We went to the bank in Canada and the person at reception was dressed very casual with the strangest male haircut I have ever seen.His hair was short except for one long piece toward the front of his head that was just past shoulder length and he styled it in a twisted kind of way.I thought banks used to be very strict about dress and hair but things have obviously relaxed.My new male dental hygienist has a very interesting hairstyle too.

Honored Contributor

Times have changed - thank goodness!!!  What anyone wears to their job is dependent on many factors.  Some places are more businessy and have strict dress codes.  This is a shopping channel and not a formal business setting.  Clothing says nothing about a person's ability to do their job!!!  Where I used to work there were many more who dressed in so called "professional" clothing that were not efficent and did their job poorly.  Over the years I found the majority of the ones who dressed more casually were usually the ones that did the best job.  I know I hated all the prissy and fussy boring look alike clothing the hosts used to wear way back.  It seemed to stiffle their personalities as well.  I don't care what the presenters are wearing.

Trusted Contributor

Oh I think it’s just the times. Q needs to attract a younger demographic in order to stay in business. The older customers, and I’m one, don’t bring in much profit since our needs are few. When I see the way people dress on airplanes, at restaurants, shopping at high-end stores, at church.... well let’s just say it’s a whole new culture of casual dressing. No more hats, gloves, and pantyhose for ladies and no more suits and ties for gents. When I was a child men wore suits to ballgames! So the hosts fit right in with the millennials. Only time I see “dressed up” these days is at a wedding, a funeral (sometimes), or the prom. .
Honored Contributor

I would prefer to see casual rather than stiletto s and prom dresses or cocktail dresses. Lol.