Honored Contributor

@teacherd - You're not the only one. I was brought up (in the south) to speak correctly, and I was corrected when I didn't.

I too went into teaching. I taught English courses at a community college for years,  and in my second part-time career I write and speak a lot.

My children speak correctly - most of the time! 

So I cringe inwardly when I see people in front of cameras speak incorrectly. Smiley Wink

Contributor

She is absolutely one of my favorite hosts.  Always professional.  Always well informed about the products.  Always prepared.  One of QVC's best.  

Trusted Contributor

@teacherd wrote:

I agree. I think I am one of the only viewers/shoppers that are sticklers for correct grammar usage. One of the newer hosts whose name rhymes with mays consistently uses incorrect grammar and does not seem to know what she is doing as she even reads the cards incorrectly. Teri Conn is always professional and demonstrates that she has done her homework.

@teacherd What do you mean when you say "I am one of the only viewers/shoppers that are sticklers for correct grammar usage"?

It's been my observation that a LOT of the hosts don't speak properly. I hear "gonna", "me" instead of "I" and vice versa, "cuz" instead of "because" and the list goes on. There's already been a discussion about the incorrect usage of the word "literally". Shawn uses the word "lucrative" incorrectly. Heck, even I make a mistake now and then.

Trusted Contributor

I might be mistaken,  but isn't she the one that left to live on a farm then started broadcasting from there then came back or am I thinking about someone else?

I like her too.

Contributor

Re: Host Teri Conn

[ Edited ]

I love to watch Teri Conn!  She is very refreshing, uses correct grammar and lets the vendors talk about their product!  I would love to see her in more QVC shows, especially with Carolyn Pollock. I think the Q should maybe try having her host with Kim Gravel.  

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

thank you for an almost all positive host thread

I didn't see any negatives, except maybe this one. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden I enjoy watching Teri when she hosts the lunchtime special daily.  She seems to be very likeable and well versed on the products,  It is too bad she is on for such a short limited time.

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@SeaMaiden I enjoy watching Teri when she hosts the lunchtime special daily.  She seems to be very likeable and well versed on the products,  It is too bad she is on for such a short limited time.

I also hate when they waste Teri showing technology. Today she was forced to present an hour of technology items such as a 70 inch television and a sound bar.  Teri handled it like a poor but she probably hated it.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Boomernichols wrote:

I also hate when they waste Teri showing technology. Today she was forced to present an hour of technology items such as a 70 inch television and a sound bar.  Teri handled it like a poor but she probably hated it.

She wasn't "forced" to do anything, and why do you think that she "probably hated" presenting those items?

“All unsolicited advice is self-serving.”
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

thank you for an almost all positive host thread

I didn't see any negatives, except maybe this one. 

bless your heart

i wish for you to have a wonderful day

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~