Honored Contributor

Re: Host, PLEASE STOP with the "cool girls" references

I assumed it was a current or recent teenage expression. 

I went to school in the dark ages before "cool girls" slang!  And - I wore uniforms for 12 years!

QVC was the first time I heard the "cool girl" reference.  It sounds juvenile .... so I figured it was jr. high school.

Valued Contributor

I was never a cool girl.  Never cared that I wasn't.  Never cared who was. 

During my son's Junior year of high school I became "the" cool mom.  My son and his friends decided I was because I would feed them while they were here AND most important I would bake cookies, cakes, and pies for them.  No one else's mom would do this.      

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

Good grief who cares?

@ellaphant All the people those "cool girls" terrorized! 

You can't be serious. Taking something a bit too seriously. Please.

I usually ignore what hosts say and even support their word choices. In this case, a little empathy for the trauma others have had is missing. 

Respected Contributor

The "Malibu" experience is the one that I like...I only wear my Barefoot Dreams outerwear (in Pennsylvania) when it is 40 degrees outside while wearing a turtleneck....not exactly the picture they paint frolicking on the beach rocks in sunny southern CA.

Occasional Contributor

I'm really curious if all the women on this thread complaining about a host or vendors vocabulary and trying to insinuate it's immature,  childish,  bullying, triggering or whatever else silly term they come up with, have thought about how they're sitting behind a screen and are doing exactly what they're complaining about ...... and to top it off....you heard it as a child.  You're an adult....act like it.  Be kind.  If you can't handle the vocabulary someone else uses, change the channel.  Just don't break your neck to get on here to complain.  You only end up making yourself look foolish.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

dont care for the reference....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Mary Beth was in the Mrs America contest, not Miss America.  It must have been her. 

Super Contributor

Im constantly surprised at the number of people who cant wait to jump all over a poster when they read something they disagree with.  Why the anger nowadays? I had someone do the same thing on FB today about something I wrote.  If it continues, I'll stop going on social media.  

Honored Contributor

@PJKuhnny wrote:

Who can forget the references to "use this or wear this" because it's "Oprah's" favorite.  I think some hosts are obsessed with mentioning celebs who wouldn't live without certain products.  Not sure why this has become a sales pitch.  

@PJKuhnny 

No kidding!  That's generally when I DON'T buy it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Doesn't bother me.   It is a sales pitch and they are hired to SELL, not to be your psychiatrist. No one is forcing you to watch a program you don't like.

I grew up poor, but my grandma and mom taught me to wear well fitting clothes that did not look trashy, put my shoulders back and head up.  I never felt slighted and treated others in a friendly manner. My parents told me if someone chose not to be your friend, no problem, it was their choice and their problem.  So I believe being a "cool" girl, woman or man is how you feel about yourself, not how others feel about you.  If I met or still meet someone who is unfriendly, I choose to keep my distance from them, period.