Respected Contributor

Re: Host Nancy's hair

[ Edited ]

I just went back to short hair after growing my hair our for a year and a half. I had a pixie and I loved growing it out but once it got to below the shoulder I hated it. I have thick wavy hair and lots of it. I can't handle it anymore by myself especially in the Summer. 

Being able to rock short hair IMO is a privilege. I'm going to do it as long as possible. When one has shorter hair most of the attention is on the face and any flaws are more apparent.

Having short hair is freeing since it takes less time to style and the cost of going to a salon is much cheaper. Plus your hair is healthier since you cut it more often. 

I haven't seen Nancy but I think she looks great with short hair. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen her lately but I always wondered about her hair. To me the style she had before aged her. Something about it just looked a little old. 

Honored Contributor

@makena  She recently said she had  extensions until her hair grew out.  I don't think her current hairstyle does a thing for her.  She was cute and distinctive with the shorter style.  Seems like they all want the same long, stringy hairstyle but it's not universally flattering. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I thought I heard her say once that she used to perform as one of the Princesses at Disney.  Maybe someone else can confirm that.  Maybe she is itching to be singing again.  Just a thought.

Sharon Faetch  was one of the princess characters at Disney World, but maybe Nancy was too. I love her singing, she sounds great, maybe she should just sing her presentations and people would like that better. I hope Nancy likes her hair when it grows out and can style it so it enhances her great facial features.

I seem to remember hearing she was into opera singing.

I always enjoy her shows and like her as a host. Like the way she just does the job and she's not too interested in telling us her life's history.

Esteemed Contributor

Jennifer's hair looks so much better since she got rid of that longer dragging her down. It's not short, but it's such an improvement for her.

I always liked Nancy doing so many "different" styles with her short hair. She has such good bone structure and short hair emphasizes it.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Jennifer's hair looks so much better since she got rid of that longer dragging her down. It's not short, but it's such an improvement for her.

I always liked Nancy doing so many "different" styles with her short hair. She has such good bone structure and short hair emphasizes it.

I totally agree.  I saw Jennifer on some ad yesterday and thought how fabulous she looked.

The daytime host, Pat, needs to chop that hair off too!  She has nice hair, but it is too long dragging her down, in my opinion.

Many don't agree with this, but I truly believe as we get older, shorter hair is much more flattering.  I can't think of anyone that I felt made a mistake cutting it.  It grows back anyway.  If you add a little volume at the crown, it really makes one look younger.

Hyacinth

Contributor

I totally agree with you. Its an effort to watch her probgams.  The QVC upers should say something about her hair. 

Super Contributor

NANCY USED TO ENTERTAIN ON A CRUISE SHIP

Respected Contributor

A quick Google search says this about Nancy:

• As a teenager Nancy was an Opryland singer & went on to star in various operas and musicals including the off-Broadway production of ‘Sealed for Freshness’, a comedy performance starring 60’s housewives.
  • Nancy also starred as ‘Belle’ at the MGM Studios production of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
Respected Contributor

Re: Host Nancy's hair

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I totally agree.  I saw Jennifer on some ad yesterday and thought how fabulous she looked.

The daytime host, Pat, needs to chop that hair off too!  She has nice hair, but it is too long dragging her down, in my opinion.

Many don't agree with this, but I truly believe as we get older, shorter hair is much more flattering.  I can't think of anyone that I felt made a mistake cutting it.  It grows back anyway.  If you add a little volume at the crown, it really makes one look younger.

Hyacinth

Old Hollywood would agree to the fact that having long hair hanging around the face ages a person.  Notice in all the old films, the matrons always have their hair tucked up which is a refined way to wear long hair as we age.  I thought Pat looked so cute when she wore that nice bob, not impressed at all these days.