Super Contributor

She's on right now, with Bare Minerals neck cream. I see her on frequently in the overnight hours/time slots.

She just mentioned her age is 37; I would have guessed around 32

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Esteemed Contributor

@catchersmom wrote:

She's on right now, with Bare Minerals neck cream. I see her on frequently in the overnight hours/time slots.

She just mentioned her age is 37; I would have guessed around 32

She's pretty, and I think she's "charming." Can't say that about too many hosts. She was on with Bob Mackie, and he really liked her and they were very good together. She has a very refined way about her. I like her.

Valued Contributor

I really like her when she is just presenting the product. When she forces the QVC relationship with the guest or goes too over the top with the gushing about the product or guest it seems a bit too overly dramatic and bad acting. This seems to be happening with all the new hosts in training and is coached, so hopefully, that part will be toned down a bit as they get more comfortable with what they are doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sofar she has seemed to do ok to me....sometimes comes on a bit too strong w/vendors..........will see how it goes in the next couple months.....everybody changes....

Valued Contributor

Because I had seen fair amounts of host bashing recently, I was going to begin a thread about 3 wonderful hosts. Two not so new......Katie McGee and Mary DeAngelis. And the third is new....MARY NELSON. Mary Nelson is perhaps one of the best hires for the Q in recent years...............and of course Katie and Mary. They are always prepared, professional, and not going for the Valley Girl personality. I like all 3 of them just the way they are!

Special kudos to Mary, one of the newest hosts. And Katie needs prime time all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

Another plus: Mary has been in communications (on radio) in Omaha, Nebraska for many years. She was loved by her listeners! Mary was active in the community and is, truly, a very friendly and nice person . . . like all Nebraskan's are! Don't know about Kentucky, but people from the plains states are giving and kind. Mary and her husband are missed. Glad she's found another niche at QVC! Hope they appreciate her talents and professionalism. She's a woman with integrity.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@QPrincess wrote:

Because I had seen fair amounts of host bashing recently, I was going to begin a thread about 3 wonderful hosts. Two not so new......Katie McGee and Mary DeAngelis. And the third is new....MARY NELSON. Mary Nelson is perhaps one of the best hires for the Q in recent years...............and of course Katie and Mary. They are always prepared, professional, and not going for the Valley Girl personality. I like all 3 of them just the way they are!

Special kudos to Mary, one of the newest hosts. And Katie needs prime time all the time.

I agree...i think Katie M. and Mary are such enjoyable hosts.................just a pure asset for QVC

I'd say Mary is in her late 20s or early 30s. She's pretty enough to be cast as the leading lady in any film that calls for a "10" in the physical beauty department. Her eyes are beyond captivating and her manners display a degree of class not normally seen on television. In the South ladies are taught to carry ourselves in a certain way and I could tell immediately that Mary comes from class. My dad's uncles include Motown executive Barry Gordy and former US President Jimmy Carter, so though I'm a small town girl, I've been around the wives of world leaders such as Carla Bruni and Melania Trump, Michelle Obama and Hilary Clinton and I've sat at the dinner table with women like Kate Middleton, Princess Diana and Somerset Belenoff. I can tell you, Mary Nelson has the grace, class and beauty to hang with the creme de la creme.