Honored Contributor

Re: Host Mary DeAngelis Gets Her 3rd Show

@Annabellethecat66 I wasn't aware that the cost of returns went up $2.00.  I did notice a lot of the shipping is $3.50 now and, of course, some items ship for $5.50 or more.   I have to make it a resolution not to buy unless it is a free shipping item.  Returns are way too costly if you have to pay the postage and then don't get the $3.50 or more refunded.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper - I probably wouldn't stay up to watch, either, but I'm fortunate enough to be two hours back, so the timing works out well for the show to be background noise for me as I'm doing little tasks to end my day. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I will not be watching this new show.  I really enjoy Mary's presentations, but just can't watch Rachel.  She is one of three hosts I will not watch.  She is just too loud and watching her is tiresome...silly sounds, whistling, exaggerated hand movements.  

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc @Caaareful Shopper, thanks. I didn't know Katie would be paired with Jill.  Interesting.  I wonder how Jill feels about that given that it was "her" show initially.

I didn't see any of it.  I honestly forgot, wasn't feeling well and just turned the tv off.  I may be home to catch Friday night's show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@loriqvc @Caaareful Shopper, thanks. I didn't know Katie would be paired with Jill.  Interesting.  I wonder how Jill feels about that given that it was "her" show initially.

I didn't see any of it.  I honestly forgot, wasn't feeling well and just turned the tv off.  I may be home to catch Friday night's show. 

@Lipstickdiva - I felt that Jill was sincere when she introduced Katie and said she was excited that they'd be working together. Katie's role is to communicate with viewers on social media while Jill is presenting items, so I don't think there's a huge change for Jill in her usual approach for the show; she just checks in with Katie every now and then to share viewer photos and results of little polls they're doing.

Trusted Contributor

Don’t watch much of the Q anymore. Same old same old. I don’t even know who Mary is. I do browse on line for As Is or for the occasional something I may need or want. The main thing I do like is all the measurements for there clothing, makes it so easy to get your size. I am an on line shopper and no other companies do this so I don’t order because I don’t know what size to get. So that is something I really do like just wish they would get some new and updated fashion. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Don’t watch much of the Q anymore. Same old same old. I don’t even know who Mary is. I do browse on line for As Is or for the occasional something I may need or want. The main thing I do like is all the measurements for there clothing, makes it so easy to get your size. I am an on line shopper and no other companies do this so I don’t order because I don’t know what size to get. So that is something I really do like just wish they would get some new and updated fashion. 

Actually, many other companies do that.  It's good that you're happy with QVC, but they're not the only retailer who provides measurements and guidelines for customers who are purchasing clothing online.

(I'm not trying to talk you into shopping elsewhere.  Just clarifying for others here who might not be aware.)

Trusted Contributor

I mustn't pay much attention here, because I didn't know so many customers disliked Mary.  She has always seemed quite likeable to me, doing a good job as  a host.  Plus, she is apparently the heiress-apparent to David's throne as the Top Dog in the QVC cooking kingdom.  I like Rachel, too.  But I cannot stand that Jill was banished to Q2 with her YHWJ shows.  Really?  She has the best home decor shows on the channel, along with VPH.  Since TPTB are seeking an increase in revenue, they must be making these changes in search of more dollars.

Contributor

I like mary. Don't care for Rachel. Liked to watch Carolyn and Dan

Occasional Contributor

QVC has lost my entire family as well as several of my neighbors.  The recent changes have totally turned us off.  The constant "over airing" of TSV as well as not caring for many of the newer hosts was the end of all of us.