Valued Contributor

Re: Host Mary DeAngelis Gets Her 3rd Show

@lovemybichonfrise:  I don't watch the Q that much any more, but I do go on line and check out the previous shows.

I'm with you, when I do watch, I make sure I don't tune in to KL, JC and RB.

Some host just don't interest me enough to watch.  They don't  sell all they do is play and are pushy.

KL and JC are always trying to put on a look at me show to promote themselves and can't keep their eyes off of the monitor.

Valued Contributor

Well, I'm not surprised with the change up.

Sunday Mornings with Carolyn and Dan should have been retitled Sunday Mornings with Any Host Who Will Show Up.   Carolyn and Dan were hardly ever together for their show.

I didn't understand why that was because it was their show.  Only once in a blue moon were they hosting together and even joked about it when their schedules did match up.

I prefer Mary D. over Rachel but may tune in if there are a variety of new products being offered.  However, if the show will consist of the same electronics, Dyson, Bose, Vitamix or anything by Lori Greiner, then I won't be watching the sad leftovers.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

stevieb

My thoughts exactly!!!  Shaking up the host appearances and hiring new people doesn't impress or mean anything to me if the merchandise the Q continues to sell is stale and the same products over and over.  You said it all!

Valued Contributor

I agree I am not a a fan of her personality. I find her boring.

Trusted Contributor

@Deb665@stevieb, I agree with you!  Without new and interesting merchandise, they are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  

BTW, I love Westies, too.  Mine is Auggie, 11 years old.

Trusted Contributor

Ha ha....rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...priceless!  I have to agree, though, that if the Q thinks rearranging, reassigning, playing roulette with the hosts is going to make people watch or buy more, they are in for a rude awakening!!  I totally agree that what needs to be "shaken up"  is the product line-up...in every category!  The same old same old is getting very old!!   And boring!!

Esteemed Contributor

Her success is inexplicable.

Honored Contributor

@Lyttlewyng  I'm also not at all surprised they are finally getting rid of the in-name-only Sunday morning with C&D. 

I like Mary D. very much.  I usually don't watch 100% of her kitchen shows because as many have stated they are usually just retread products from David's shows.  When she hosts other, unnamed shows, I find her a lovely, very informed host.

I intentionally do not watch Rachel hosting because she can be very hyper & loud and oddly claustrophobic for me (she tends to hover too closely over the host or product).  In a recent Dennis Basso show he actually shushed her.  Yes, that was rude of him, but I totally understood him doing it at that time!!!  She tried to laugh it off as if he just wanted quiet on the set to say something important.  No Dennis did not appear to agree with that and merely continued his presentation. 

A show called All New Products!   I'd watch any host if that show would ever happen. 

Valued Contributor

it doesn’t matter how many shows Mary gets, I just can’t stand watching her host anything. And to throw Rachel into the mix- well, just disastrous. She’s loud,  and talks over everyone. 

Trusted Contributor

I like both of these ladies and if I turn in, which isn't very often, I will gladly watch them over some other hosts.  I'm like to see the Q shaking things up, host-wise.  It's healthy to do that so things don't get stale.