Contributor

Re: Host Mary DeAngelis Gets Her 3rd Show

I agree.  Tired of them switching hosts around on some shows i did like, and putting in people I don’t enjoy as much.  A lot of products and clothes that the hosts are “oohing” over are ugly, and some are just not worth the money.  Shipping has gone up, too, another aggravation.  I enjoy Louis Dell Olio’s line, and that is hardly ever on.

Contributor

Ugh...Mary is soooo fake. Trying to be home -spun and over acting ..it's awful. And Rachel is the same.. over acts .. talks way too much .. No..

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TX-starlight wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I cannot watch Rachel..........

@Patriot3 Same here, not even for 5 minutes. I agree with others, doesn't matter who is hosting what, If I don't like the host, I don't watch. QVC has gotten so boring, & hosts SO annoying, I can barely watch anything. I did watch Cathy P. last night, & she is making an excellent host. She gives great details. (At least the show I watched). I watched because I was impressed at how she has improved. She had my attention the whole time I watched. 

I haven't seen Cathy very much, but agree with you that she focuses on selling a product!  Who knew that would be hard to find on a shopping channel.  She doesn't go crazy with all the personal stuff; just shares enough to let me know she seems an interesting person.  

Trusted Contributor

I really like Mary DeAngelis, I personally find her to be warm and sincere and I enjoy her hosting style. I’m thrilled that she is doing so well at the Q that she now has three shows. However, I also really like Carolyn and Dan and will miss their Sunday show. I seem to never be tuning in when Dan is on, and see him rarely. 

Having worked for years in retail, I do know that the retail world revolves around numbers. Nothing else matters. Numbers=profits. So I’m pretty sure that the changes at the Q are primarily the result of the “numbers”, and who is or who is not producing those numbers. 

Secondary, retail has the constant need to “keep it fresh”. 

Customers who get bored with your store move on to greener retail pastures. That’s the main reason for moves, be it brick and mortar floor moves or QVC’s programming changes. Keep it new, keep it fresh. 

However, as usual, I think all retail can be shortsighted and miss the mark. In my personal experience, if the store is not offering what the customer wants, they move on and keep looking. Doesn’t matter how talented and  successful your sales staff are, if you don’t provide them with the right merchandise to sell that the customer wants, they will fail. How many vacuum cleaners or kitchen electrics does one household need?

in my opinion, it’s not the Q’s hosts who are the problem, it’s the lack of new and fresh merchandise. Pushing the same old old products that do not meet the customers needs or wants will drive their customers to green pastures. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm with the other person who said Mary's rise is inexplicable.  I do not care for her a bit.  Kirsten L. drives me crazy with her constant eye movements.  Shawn is unbearable.  Leah is a bit over the top since her weight loss. The rest of them is like, especially Antonella and Stacy.

Valued Contributor

She is the female version of David.  :-):

Spoiler

Contributor

Love Mary d

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have liked Mary and I do try to watch her shows. But pairing up with Rachel will be a channel changer for me. There is such a thing as host overkill!!!   And even more - product overkill!!  Many of her shows present nearly the same items presented on David's shows. 

I mean, really, how many knife sharpeners did the Q purchase from the seller??  There must be thousands in the warehouse that they need to unload...

Honored Contributor

@Lablover - that was interesting - thanks for explaining!

I do like Mary. I like almost all of the hosts, but I do think they have their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to what they sell. 

I know you can walk in a B&M store and have a salesgirl or guy who does not wear the product you are buying. But IMO - only my opinion - QVC is different. I don't like seeing hosts selling something you know they wouldn't buy IRL. I'd like to think they would wear/use what they are selling (even if they wouldn't); that makes watching more interesting for me, and I'm more likely to buy the product or item. I just watched an older show I'd DVR'd with Valerie Parr Hill and Jayne Brown. Jayne was talking about where in her house she used the item they were selling. I believe she does have this, but even if she doesn't, she made me THINK she does, and I can relate to how she displays it. Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care