Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host Mary DeAngelis Gets Her 3rd Show

@sashamatthews wrote:

I mustn't pay much attention here, because I didn't know so many customers disliked Mary.  She has always seemed quite likeable to me, doing a good job as  a host.  Plus, she is apparently the heiress-apparent to David's throne as the Top Dog in the QVC cooking kingdom.  I like Rachel, too.  But I cannot stand that Jill was banished to Q2 with her YHWJ shows.  Really?  She has the best home decor shows on the channel, along with VPH.  Since TPTB are seeking an increase in revenue, they must be making these changes in search of more dollars.

@sashamatthews - I believe Jill's shows were moved to Q2 to try to get more viewership on that channel; Jill has a strong base of followers, so the logical thought process is that they will find her there and possibly tune in for other shows, especially since the timing opens the door for Jill to also host the Big Deal presentation in the hour before her regular shows begin.

Contributor

I like Mary, she entertains me with her sense of humor.

Valued Contributor

I LOVE Mary and enjoy her humor !!  

Esteemed Contributor

I won't be watching.  Rachel's voice just grates on me like nails on chalkboard.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 I wasn't aware that the cost of returns went up $2.00.  I did notice a lot of the shipping is $3.50 now and, of course, some items ship for $5.50 or more.   I have to make it a resolution not to buy unless it is a free shipping item.  Returns are way too costly if you have to pay the postage and then don't get the $3.50 or more refunded.  

@Daysdee I haven't noticed any changes in the Q return label fee. I used it a few days ago and the prices have not increased. They are determined by weight:

0 to 5 lbs: $6.95

5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95

10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95

Honored Contributor

The shows are all the same no matter the host's name in the title. Mary's new show.  David's new show.  It's all more of the same old, same old.   

Honored Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

@Deb665@stevieb, I agree with you!  Without new and interesting merchandise, they are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  

BTW, I love Westies, too.  Mine is Auggie, 11 years old.

@MJDinVegas-

I am laughing at your descriptive and colorful line-"rearranging deck chairs on the titanic"

lol!

That's a good one and I'll have to use that sometimeSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay, thanks.  I’m not the first to use that expression but I thought it fitting in light of the discussion.  

Contributor

Mary is not one of my favorites. So I won't be watching.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom You are correct.  I read what had been posted on this forum.  I did return some items recently and the label was still $6.95.