Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host Mary DeAngelis Gets Her 3rd Show

I cannot watch Rachel..........

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I cannot watch Rachel..........

@Patriot3 Same here, not even for 5 minutes. I agree with others, doesn't matter who is hosting what, If I don't like the host, I don't watch. QVC has gotten so boring, & hosts SO annoying, I can barely watch anything. I did watch Cathy P. last night, & she is making an excellent host. She gives great details. (At least the show I watched). I watched because I was impressed at how she has improved. She had my attention the whole time I watched. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love Mary and think she is one of the most genuine, fun, and well-prepared hosts on the air. However, I don't think I will be watching this new show; as others have mentioned, there's almost no chance that the products will be varied enough to justify my time, and the choice of co-host is a definite NO for me. I also stopped watching Mary's Home Made Easy show after a few airings and doubt I'll tune in for the new Down Home with David—again, there's just not enough interesting and new content, and I'm not sure either of them has much input into the items they present.

The Q has literally hundreds of thousands of items on its website, so why do we always see the same two or three dozen on screen over and over again for hours and hours? Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 I totally agree about all the hugging and kissing.  Even if a vendor is on the same show for several items, each time they have to hug and kiss.  So awkward, fake and a waste of time.  Feel sorry for the newbies who don't know if they will be welcomed with a kiss, handshake or nothing.   I wish they would stop the hugs and kisses.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee - I'm pretty sure the hosts discuss the greetings approach with the vendors at some point, as there are definitely some vendors who get a handshake or no contact at all rather than hugging and air kisses. I have plenty of friends who naturally hug and kiss just because that's the way they are, so I'm guessing that's the case with most of the hosts on the Q as well. Among the annoyances in many presentations, this is way down on my list...

Honored Contributor

I posted in another thread that QVC really seems to be pushing Courtney Khondabi. She has a show on Sunday nights with Rick from 10-midnight called Q the Deals.

She is co-hosting with Amy on PMStyle and she is taking over PMStyle on Wednesday nights on Q2.  Mary Nelson is taking over Gabrielle's AMStyle on Saturday mornings on Q2. 

Jill B is going to have a You're Home with Jill show every Monday and Friday night from 10-midnight on Q2.   

Honored Contributor

I never pay much attention to who's hosting what show.  I often keep QVC on just for background noise on different TV's around the house.

There are some hosts I don't care for; but I don't think it serves much purpose to list those hosts because like or dislike is very subjective.  

I stay up late at night watching TV so I was very familiar with the late night hosts.  I enjoyed watching them.  Maybe because it was very late at night, I found they were almost entertaining, yet very informative.

I understand some are now moving to daytime which suits me just fine and if they're happy about the change, I'm happy too.

I think because these hosts are invited into our homes so often, we (myself included) think we know them better than we actually do (my opinion).  Just like actors on a TV show, they are paid to act a particular way.  

I try to remind myself that, just like actors, it's not fair for me to judge their personalities.  Judging the way they present items is one thing, but I don't think it's fair to be overly critical regarding their personalities.

Like we all say, (and all you obviously do) we can always change the channel.

There's quite a change (it seems) going on QVC these days.  I've noticed the cost of returns has gone up $2 and the cost of shipping and handling was once mostly $3 and it's now mostly $3.50.

I guess the powers that be on QVC think it won't affect people buying from them.  I find that interesting because (whenever I can) I buy things from Amazon Prime because it's FREE shipping.  Don't you just love that word ....FREE?

Anyway, I think someone like myself is very lucky to be able to come here and read what's going on.  I'm lucky that there are people like all of you who keep up and let me know what's happening.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I posted in another thread that QVC really seems to be pushing Courtney Khondabi. She has a show on Sunday nights with Rick from 10-midnight called Q the Deals.

She is co-hosting with Amy on PMStyle and she is taking over PMStyle on Wednesday nights on Q2.  Mary Nelson is taking over Gabrielle's AMStyle on Saturday mornings on Q2. 

Jill B is going to have a You're Home with Jill show every Monday and Friday night from 10-midnight on Q2.   

@Lipstickdiva  Jill B. is going to be paired with Katie McGee in her show on Q2, in a similar role as Courtney in Amy's PMS show.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper and @Lipstickdiva - I thought Jill's show went quite well last night; they're still tweaking the balance of Jill + Katie a bit, but they both got along very nicely and had some fun moments. I wasn't super impressed with the items in the show, but hopefully we'll get to see more new things as time goes by. I don't think the oh-so-generic theme of "being prepared" lent itself to much more than we saw, but it wasn't too boring or offputting, all things considered.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the review @loriqvc Smiley Happy  I like both hosts and hoped they would have a good show paired together. 

I will probably miss most of these show because 10pm is past my bedtime.  Ha!  I go to bed rather early to start work at 6am.