Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host Kristine Zell - Well Done.

@Ketra wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I’m not sure, but I think she was the host who pronounced Louis Dell’olio’s name wrong and also pronounced Linea wrong. I found that to be pretty unprepared.

@proudlyfromNJ  Yes, it was her. She mispronounces many words incorrectly. That’s no big deal unless you have a job which requires public speaking. No, her mispronunciations

aren’t dialect or regional mispronunciations. 

She got off to a rocky start when she came to the Q and I wasn't sure she would make it, comments about her were not positive in the forums but she has really improved, become more confident and smoother in her presentations.  I enjoyed her on Q2 last evening. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry I find Kristine's presentations scripted and not sincere at all, she's ill prepared about the products, vendors are always correcting her....Even if I'm interested in a product....after a few minutes I change the channel.  Of the somewhat newer hosts I prefer Katie McGee.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

She does have a soothing voice but there is something about her presentations that come off almost robotic to me.  It's like she has a script in her head she is going to follow and she runs through it whether it makes sense to the presentation or not.  

The other night she was presenting the Laurie Felt Big Deal which were jeans and she said you have QVC's 30 day love it or return it guarantee so if you don't love the jeans, you can return them in 30 days.  And if you find you need to exchange them, you can do that within 30 days.  But we are in extended holiday returns so you have until the end of January to return or exchange items.  It was like a jumbled mess.

And that brings me to something else.  Someone needs to tell ALL the hosts what the exchange policy is during the extended holiday return period.  I have heard hosts say you can return or exchange until the end of January but some of them have said if you need to exchange an item, that has to be done within 30 days. You can only return until the end of January.  Which is it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm ducking and weaving as I type this, but I think its somewhat amusing to me that this topic of religious items is only brought up regarding QVC merchandise featuring crosses, bibles, angels ........many people collect these items....And if these items continue to sell well then QVC will continue to present them....

.There's also been jewelry depicting Hindu Gods/Goddesses, and even some jewelry for the Jewish faith as well....and do a search...QVC sells menorahs....and even evil eye talismans in jewelry styles....

But its funny how I dont hear the same outrage and negative comments for items of other fatihs or when Barbara Bixby shows her Hindu Gods/Godesses jewelry or new age skull jewelry, or another vendor that uses Indonesian artisians that incorporates a middle eastern faith .....I think it just shows some folks revealing their bias against a certain religion, and bias against customers that like and buy all these products, and due to the past history of arguments this change was made in the rules in 2016.........:

@Shanus  You asked and here's where the line was drawn....

..This is what the official statement says in the Guidelines and Rules

Controversial Topic Guideline Change

To keep an atmosphere in the community of fairness, discussion of religion will be prohibited as a controversial topic. Wishing or asking someone for “prayers” will be allowed as this is an expression of comfort. Religious or controversial signature lines will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding. 

QVC Community Team

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   I get the impression that most posters are Christian or Jewish. Why would they discriminate against themselves? I think they are objecting because they want to talk about religion on these boards but can’t. That’s why they are saying it’s not fair that QVC sells but won’t allow the talk here. I don’t agree with what you say and this is my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure, actually, when or how religion would be a topic of conversation unless it were connected to a news or headline event.  Any random derogatory or pejorative posts would need to be deleted under the "unkind" or "argumentative" standard.

I mean, they deleted posts on a Felicity Huffman thread for heavens,  sorry, I mean Pete's sake.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager  A poster was banned for posting religious posts. These posts always had posters comments. It was always friendly. I see posts get zapped for being religious.

Honored Contributor

Kristine has gotten a lot better, but I feel she still has a long way to go.  She is too scripted and has her pocket full of practiced little things to interject without really being in the moment.

In her garden show last Sunday on Q2, the vendor was showing a solar-powered garden light placed on a hook.  The vendor spent a lot of time talking about how the solar power worked.  Immediately, Kristine took the item off the hook, turned it upside down on a table and said you could also use it as cute table decor.  The vendor nicely turned it back around and repeated that it was solar, so it needs to stay right side up in order to work.  Kristine didn't acknowledge her mistake and kept right on with the presentation.  She does a lot of that, still. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Spurt   I get the impression that most posters are Christian or Jewish. Why would they discriminate against themselves? I think they are objecting because they want to talk about religion on these boards but can’t. That’s why they are saying it’s not fair that QVC sells but won’t allow the talk here. I don’t agree with what you say and this is my opinion.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Fair enough....you are entitled to your opinion....

Yes, your right a lot of customers are Christians or of the Jewish faith, thats why they sell the merchandise, but there's also a very vocal group that isn't.....and doesnt like when its mentioned...

Back in QVC's past, before this change was made in the rules,  I saw discussions that turned quite quite mean, nasty, and ugly.....so I can see why QVC banned it entirely just to make the Moderators job easier, and not have to deal with as many posts to delete and not have to play referee.....If simple discussions about dealing with a neighbor,  backpacks, vegetarian menus, a wolf spider, and fashion styles can create an uproar can you imagine what would happen if religion and politics were allowed????????????  It may seem a bit hypocritical but if something sells well QVC  will continue to present religious products for sale....

And the same thing applies to the way I think about political discussions....politics is also banned, yet people continue to post threads about political figures ..to me that's asking for trouble because you know how the discussion will develop and how those threads just get closed or deleted........And yet QVC has featured replicas of jewelry worn by First Ladies on Inauguration Day....Isnt that just as hypocritical....?????????????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'm not sure, actually, when or how religion would be a topic of conversation unless it were connected to a news or headline event.  Any random derogatory or pejorative posts would need to be deleted under the "unkind" or "argumentative" standard.

I mean, they deleted posts on a Felicity Huffman thread for heavens,  sorry, I mean Pete's sake.

@Johnnyeager 

Come on Johnny...you know how this Forum goes down..... Smiley Wink

A certain host mentions their faith and even comes out with a QVC jewelry line to share her beliefs--boy did that generate discussions (allowed or not).......  Or someone on a fashion show a host or vendor mentions wearing clothing to a "house of worship" and some people dont like that......Or during the holiday season when a host or vendors uses the phrase..."Merry Christmas" folks start complaining why arent they mentioning Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Budda Dayor some say why mention any religion its offensive to agnostics and atheists..Someone actually wrote, be happy we dont report posts that include the word, "Merry Christmas" ..And someone merely mentioned they donated furniture and decor items to a religious charity and that created snarky comments......This is how religion comes into discussions...you shouldnt be surprised... LOL