Occasional Contributor

Re: Host Katie McGee at 4pm Today

As an aside that show was on the QVC 2 not the main QVC channel. On the main channel she will be relegated to overnight hours for the time being but seems to be getting primetime shows on the QVC 2.
Honored Contributor

@CONTACREW3 wrote:
As an aside that show was on the QVC 2 not the main QVC channel. On the main channel she will be relegated to overnight hours for the time being but seems to be getting primetime shows on the QVC 2.

You are mistaken @CONTACREW3.  Katie was on the primary channel, QVC at 4pm, not QVC2.  I watched the show on TV, and I don't even get QVC2 in my cable line-up.  The other posters here watched her on the main channel as well.

Honored Contributor

@CONTACREW3 wrote:

I think you are seeing the repeats on Q2, not the live shows. 

Trusted Contributor

I hope she does well.  I really like Smiley Happyher presentations on Q2 over the past few months.  She is calm, sweet, takes her time, and gives complete information on the product..like dimensions, if it runs small, sizes of models, ect. 

Frequent Contributor

I agree that she is a 'class act'......Recently (last night for example)...I turned off the TV because the host was talking so fast and acting so silly that I couldn't understand any of the important information concerning the items being presented.

Do you think we could clone Katie McGee?    She represents everything a host should be.... and it is obvious that her main objective is to give the buyer good information in a calm precise manner.....and ultimately to sell the product.   I believe that is what they are hired to do.

Esteemed Contributor

I like her because she is very soothing and calm. None of the craziness or over the top excitement that some hosts have.

Occasional Contributor

It appears (so far) that her having primetime shows on the main channel was a one time thing. With the exception of her doing 9pm-12am on qvc 2 her other shows on main QVC are in the overnight hours.
Valued Contributor

Katie was a WOW with David Dangle and Louis Dell'Olio on prime time.  Could not believe how cool, calm and collected she was.  She was prepared and knew the products she was presenting.  It was a pure joy to watch her and I would love to see her on prime time all the time now; I can certainly think of a couple hosts I would love for her to replace.  I don't think seniority should be considered over professionalism and who the QVC customers like.  Yeah for Katie McGee!!!!

Super Contributor

Another vote for seeing more of Katie, I think the best of new hosts! A natural and gifted talent. I turn the channel when Stacey Stauffer is on, I think this may not be the best fit for her.

Frequent Contributor

I really enjoyed seeing Katie with David at 4:00. To one poster; this was a live show on the main Q channel. I don't watch Q2. I have not had many opportunities to see Katie, but she was a delight. She's very professional, calm, and informative while sharing the spotlight with David. Hope she will get more air time during daytime shows. IMO, it's hard to focus on products when a host is acting silly, dancing, making up new words, etc.  Nice job, Katie.