Contributor
Curious about everyone else’s favorite hosts and what kinds of items you enjoy watching them present:

Favorite Host Combo- Jayne and Leah- what a pleasure to have adult women who are consummate professionals! I really hope the Q pairs them more often, and for different kinds of shows.

Favorite Food Host: Rachel- she knows about the products and I really enjoy how she explains the food. I used to be lukewarm on her but have grown to really appreciate what she brings to food shows.

Favorite Kitchen Products Host: Mary- she’s not the most polished but she holds my attention. She clearly enjoys talking about kitchen products.

Favorite Clothing Host: Mary Beth- she’s built like me so I know if it looks good on her it will fit me. I find her a pleasure to watch. I also love tuning in when Katrina is on- I learn from her and love the Szish List because it’s out of the box for the Q.

Favorite Housewares Host: Mary Beth, and especially when paired with guest Linda Davies whom I admire and really enjoy watching.

Other Favorites: Elise- I just like her personality.
Honored Contributor

And nobody,but nobody,could sell Diamonique like Kathy Levine!

Esteemed Contributor

My opinion -"D" primarily sold itself.    It was a  new sparkling 'thing' that looked like diamonds without the price.  The price was right!

Don't ever recall Kathy selling me on "D" - I was a willing buyer and have about 5, which I no longer wear.  

Yes, Kathy was a great - funny - entertaining sales person.  No argument there.

Super Contributor

Absolutely, Kathy Levine!!!  QVC will never, ever have anyone as good as Kathy.  She was the first (Happy Birthday QVC) 35 years ago and she made the big bucks and gave us high quality products along with Bob Bowersocks.  And then the BOOK that I bought --can't remember the name of it but what a good read talking about the in's and out's of what was going on at QVC at the time. Those hosts were good, good or bad, they made the show and made the money with great products.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

Super Contributor

Sorry for the spelling for Bob Bowersox, I just had to get my point acrossed.  QVC has alway been top notched compared to the other selling channels.  No comparrison.  

Esteemed Contributor

Kathy sold me on Diamonque and many other items.

Leah, , David, Rick, Jayne Brown,Lisa Robertson, Dave King, Albany Irvin, Jackie Gonzalez, Alberti till Q coached him

Honored Contributor

I don't tune in and watch very much.  But I adore Valerie Par Hill and last Christmas season I adored a particular program when she was with Rick Domier and it was absolutely fun and entertaining.  Valerie seemed to be enjoying herself with him and I thoroughly loved watching that program.

I like Carolyn Gracie with Denim and Co is presented.  She wears a lot of Denim and Co and has a lot of good information to offer.  I also like Carolyn when she presents anything for the garden and yard.  A natural for those things.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any favorites, but I few that I won't watch.  My fav in the past was Lisa Robertson.  She was top quality.  

Honored Contributor

@addtothis wrote:

Absolutely, Kathy Levine!!!  QVC will never, ever have anyone as good as Kathy.  She was the first (Happy Birthday QVC) 35 years ago and she made the big bucks and gave us high quality products along with Bob Bowersocks.  And then the BOOK that I bought --can't remember the name of it but what a good read talking about the in's and out's of what was going on at QVC at the time. Those hosts were good, good or bad, they made the show and made the money with great products.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

Just curious how you know about KL's income back then @addtothis ?  Maybe if it was that much she never would have left. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Host Favorites

[ Edited ]

It's interesting to read everyone's take on the hosts. I wasnt around in the "golden age" of QVC with Kathy Levine, but I saw her as a jewelry vendor one time...and I thought she was ok as a vendor, then she stopped selling jewelry with the Q......  

My favorites---

Clothing- Leah---just the best, she gives good detailed information, measurements, and talks about the fabrics and sizing....she lets the vendors speak....she throws in a little bit of fun without it being over the top....AM Style is one QVC show I always watch...I also like Katrina and Jayne Brown with fashion.....

I also like Carolyn, she always gives good info about any product she presents......great voice, and I find her enjoyable to watch...

Love Rick with Valerie Parr Hill one may think its an odd couple but they just seem to compliment each other well, and Rick adds a bit of wit and humor....

Dan Hughes---when it comes to Christmas decor he shows his genuine enthusiasm (and he knows what he speaks since he goes all out decorating his own home) 

Pat --- a lot of people rag on her, but I enjoy her as a host she is always pleasant and calm.....and gives good product descriptions

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”