Contributor

received mine yesterday and what a mess......yellow and and green oranges....anybody elese have a problem with them....taste was nasty.

Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh, what a shock!  I wonder what happened.  Call CS.

Take a photo in case someone wants to see.

Super Contributor

Mine have been perfect.  Some are a little green but it hasn't affected the taste or juicieness.

Respected Contributor

Mine came in good shape, a few partially green, but the problem I have is they are bland tasting.  I have purchased tangelos at the grocery store that taste much better.   But if you read the paperwork that came with them it said they might still be a little green in some places but they are ripe enough to eat.  I just thought they weren't very sweet.  I will not buy them again.

Esteemed Contributor

The green color should not affect the sweetness of the Honeybells.  Most of the citrus you buy in the stores are sprayed with dye to make it look better.  FDA approved. 

Valued Contributor

@bad4257 wrote:

received mine yesterday and what a mess......yellow and and green oranges....anybody elese have a problem with them....taste was nasty.

I ordered for the first time ever, and I found them to be delicious and just as juicy and good as advertised. Please call C.S.                           Alleycat

Occasional Visitor

Yes, mine were awful. They were mushy and dry at the same time. Nothing like what was represented on TV.

Respected Contributor

Cost of honeybells is soooo..high on the Q.  Local grocery store charges 79 cents per honeybell.  They are large, juicy and sweet.

Contributor

I ordered them in January.  The carton arrived in sad condition - the tape was open on one side and anyone could have opened the lid and tampered with the fruit.  I expected much better packing for the high price.  Several of the honeybells were cracked from the carton being tossed around during shipping ("Fragile - Handle with Care" was printed in the smallest font possible on the bottom of the carton).  I called Customer Service immediately after inspecting the fruit and told them I was hesitant to eat it as it was damaged and had the possibility of being tampered with as the carton was open.  The rep creditied my account the full amount, but she told me I could either dispose of the honeybells, or donate them to my local Food Cupboard!  If I wouldn't eat them myself, neither would I expect a needy family to eat them!