Trusted Contributor

Re: Honestly does QVC think customers are "foolish", ie, prices

I had a very similar thought watching the Christmas clearance shows.  The prices shown did not appear to be clearance at all.  Anything left in stores around me is 70% off.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@MoonieBaby 

@homedecor1 

I believe the Q's top ten things that are given any thought are:

1.  Bottom line

2.  Bottom line

3.  Bottom line 

4.  Bottom line 

5.  Bottom line 

Same for 6 through 10. The only place we customers have in thoughts is how much they're spending and what they're purchasing.  

@this is my nic 

Apparently QVC/Qurate is NOT looking very hard at that bottom line...quarter after quarter their sales/revenues are DOWN so what they are doing is NOT working.....they better START thinking about how to keep their customer base ENGAGED and BUYING! Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@shopperqvc 

Same here -- mattress store on every corner.  Personally, I could never buy a bed without trying it first. Although, that doesn't always work out but at least I am within driving distance of the store & then deal with it (I've never had too) then have to deal with QVC CS or have to wait weeks for credit/refund.

I know the stores have the same thing almost every time I go but they send me incentives such as coupons, sales, cash back, etc. to "browse" and maybe use coupons! EZ pay seems to be the newest "push"🤔

Its sad QVC seems to be "sinking" themselves slowly.  Long time customers know what Quality Value Convenience really was -- retaining customers is certainly not Q's goals any longer☹️

I have no desire to see a infomercial for hours on the TSV or listening to hosts ridiculous "sales" tactics!  

@homedecor1 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

If you think the prices are too high - shop somewhere else rather than complain about them. You have choices
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
If you think the prices are too high - shop somewhere else rather than complain about them. You have choices

Oh. Please, it is our right as consumers to check prices and evaluate whether or not it is a good deal.  I will shop where I please, and complain if I think the prices are too high. What you are ignoring is not so much that a price is high, but is it worth it. Sometimes Q hits the sweet spot, and when they don't another company gets my business. If this response seems snarky, please refer to your own post.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 this is me - applauding you! Well said.

Esteemed Contributor

@Indoorkitty. I didn’t say anything about not checking prices before you buy but your comment was strictly complaining about high prices at the Q which prompted my response.
Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

They seem to think EZ Pay is the answer for everything.

For MANY customers it is!

Honored Contributor

As customers we provide valuable feedback. In many cases high prices are impacting QVC's sales and one of them is apparel. QVC is pricing themselves out of the market comparing themselves to Boutiques. Sure people can shop elsewhere but is that what you want and will QVC remain in business if that happens and sales continue to decline. QVC needs to take customer feedback to heart
Trusted Contributor

Also, if it is an item also sold on HSN, compare the prices.  Often one site is higher than the other.  What I normally do is look at both of their prices, then check Amazon and eBay.  Figure in any shipping charge, and the lowest total price gets my money.