Esteemed Contributor

Homeshoppingista dishes on the QVC/HSN merger

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2018/12/10/author-of-hsns-used-car-salesman-email-sues-over-f...

Linda Moss' Homeshoppingista newest blog post dishes on the QVC/HSN merger. 

I guess nobody is surprised that the merger hasn't been all smooth sailing!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Homeshoppingista dishes on the QVC/HSN merger

There actually was no merger—as the article correctly points out, HSN was simply purchased by the same parent company that owns QVC. And this is a very strange article to share; it ultimately doesn't have any point except to try to declare who gets credit for publicly sharing an email sent by a disgruntled employee. Weird.

Trusted Contributor

I'm confused.  The lawsuit makes it sound like QVC is managing HSN (QVC wasn't happy with on air talent).  But the article also says HSN was acquired by the same parent company.  

The guy did send out a very unprofessional email.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki

QVC's/Qurate's management aka Mike George is basically running HSN. After the merger or takeover was finalized, HSN's managment was axed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any more, companies try to avoide acknowledging 'mergers' or 'acquisitions' because the employees get upset and leave.  So, they use euphemisms, but they really are mergers or acquisitions.

If HSN's management was all axed, then they were acquired and may have been merged already, for all intents and purposes.

I read the email from Gordie and didn't find it so offensive, except that he sent it out to everyone and that was wrong.  Those are changes to discuss in person and in private with each OAP who works with the hosts.  

Esteemed Contributor

I found the letter to be amusing and not offensive at all. I am not sure why everyone became so upset. His error was most likely the mass distribution to all of the vendors. I personally could not help but think of Joy Mangano, who is quite impossible to watch for several of the reasons listed in "Daniels" e-mail.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

There actually was no merger—as the article correctly points out, HSN was simply purchased by the same parent company that owns QVC. And this is a very strange article to share; it ultimately doesn't have any point except to try to declare who gets credit for publicly sharing an email sent by a disgruntled employee. Weird.

@loriqvc  I appreciate the OP sharing it.