Respected Contributor

Saw this recently on Evine during one of their Waterford presentations. Would look fine on my Thanksgiving table.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 4.38.10 PM.png

Respected Contributor

As said in the movie, Jerry Maguire, .... show me the money.

animated-money-image-0109

Esteemed Contributor

I don't feel that Thanksgiving is a "has been" - because I celebrate it.  Doesn't matter to me what everybody else does.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to choose.  And to have a nice place to live.

I have Christmas decorations out now (and all year).  Thanksgiving is a prelude.🎄

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I don't mind the Christmas trees on QVC now!  I would not put one up in my house this soon but seeing them on tv makes me happy and I look forward to the holiday season which begins with Thanksgiving!!  I put my tree up on Dec. 1st!!   We like to enjoy it for a few weeks!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because everyone gathers for dinner - everyone!  Oh how I recall the days of 30+ people gathering at my home for over 40 years.  Sometimes even uninvited guests were welcomed.

we always had a big dr table - set for the adults& kids had their own table they could decorate.

I always did the turkey gravy stuffing, candied sweet & mashed potatoes.   My sister always brought appetizer & great bakerydesserts, cousins brought salad / vegetables.  Someone always brought 1-2 items.

Now its just the 2 of us.  I offer him to come home with me for Thanksgiving - he always says it's too cold.  So he chooses to eat Swanson TV dinner while I feel guilty him spending it alone but that is his choice.  I'm not ever spending another holiday without my kids & granddaughter! (I hate thisevery timea holiday comes!)

I fly home wouldn't miss it and Christmas Eve - not a fan of Christmas!!!! Tooo many places  to visit & less time spent together!

Honored Contributor

Like a lot of you I leave my fall decorations out until after Thanksgiving. We're usually visiting DH's family, so when we come back I start putting things away.

I DVR the fall decorating shows with Valerie, Carolyn, Jill and others. When I have time to myself, I get something to drink and sit and watch them. I revel in the fall look! After Thanksgiving I give myself a deadline and I have to delete them!

My mom never decorated or let us play Christmas carols until Thanksgiving Day. I follow that tradition! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I am decorating my tree today and working on my Christmas Village. Hopefully it will be done for Thanksgiving. The relatves that don't get to see it for Christmas ....look forward to seeing it on Turkey Day..

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I feel Halloween and Thanksgiving have been wiped off the calendar.  I understand why retailers do it ($$$), but hate that the Christmas season starts so early.  Christmas is not all about buying and shopping, folks.  Thanksgiving is extremely important to my family - always has been - as a day to gather, catch up, and just spend the day together.  We don't shop on Black Friday - I avoid shopping at all during the Thanksgiving weekend.

@OutofMadison, our fall decor is inside and outside till December 1. Then we make the shift to Christmas.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I can understand why QVC doesnt give much attention to Thanksgiving except for their food shows for the holidays, HOWEVER, I think QVC should have more fall decorating shows since this is supposed to be the longest decorating season of the year (September through November)..........

And with shipping time, QVC and other online retailers have to start a tad eary for Christmas.....But locally it is sad to see the fall/autumn/Halloween right along side the Christmas decorations.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I am decorating my tree today and working on my Christmas Village. Hopefully it will be done for Thanksgiving. The relatves that don't get to see it for Christmas ....look forward to seeing it on Turkey Day..

@Nataliesgramma

I DO put up my Christmas decorations early too....in fact I started to decorating yesterday, but the reason I do it early is I decorate every room of my small home and it takes me so long to finish.....I want some time to sit back relax and enjoy it....too much work for just a couple of weeks if I waited....

Our group is now very small, so we usuallly go out for Thanksgiving dinner. Besides the day after Thanksgiving, when most people start decorating,  we attend a gigantic craft/flea market/antique show....just too tired to do it then...................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”