Frequent Contributor

Re: Holding our cart items for an hour: Priceless!

The item will sit in your cart for an hour, but it is no longer guaranteed. If it is the last item, someone can buy it out from under you. Hosts have alluded to this, and I have found it very true. Yes, when I sit down to shop, I put things in my cart. I may shop for quite a while, and then I order. I do t like keeping track of multiple invoices, and prefer to have multiple items on one invoice. It’s just what works for me. I can I der stand why they changed this policy, but it did once guarantee you could purchase the item if it was sitting in your cart.
Super Contributor

I never send anything back because I 'changed my mind'.  The only time I've sent something back is if it arrived damaged or if I needed a different size.  Whether I make a decision quickly or over time, it is always an item that I have a use for and plan to keep.

I tend to ask myself a certain set of questions when I'm thinking about buying something.  Is everything I buy a necessity?  No, sometimes I treat myself to an item that I don't really need, but would like.  I never regret my decisions, so no buyer's remorse.

Honored Contributor

I can't tell you how many times I've bought a clearance item from HSN, gone through the entire ordering process, and was told it was sold out.  It just discourages me from buying from them.  

Respected Contributor

@Marp I believe you are correct about how the QVC cart works. I have placed items in my cart and waited a bit to order only to have my selection sell out. I think placing something in your cart may reserve it for a short time but not the whole hour. I do like the feature where after an hour the item drops from the cart but is still visible on the page for 90 days (I think). Has saved me aggravation trying to locate the item again later, as their search function is the worst I’ve ever encountered on a site for a retailer this big. It would be nice for the customer to know how long the cart reserves one’s selection before it becomes fair game for someone else.