Honored Contributor

Re: Holding our cart items for an hour: Priceless!

@Marp.  I've never had QVC fail to hold an item I've put in my cart.  I use this feature frequently and have never had anything taken from my cart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@sunshine45 Regrets....well that's...MY.....interpretation of the posting and I'm entitled to it.

For your information - I rarely run to Customer Service to get my money back - perhaps twice in all of 2020 and I bought a LOT of food to stock my big freezer for winter.

Your replay wasn't necessary in any way and lacking of facts.

@fthunt 

very sorry you took my post about how food purchases on QVC are fully covered by a 100% money back guarantee in the wrong way. for me, it is the best policy that qvc has and very generous. i stand by my experiences.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I didn't realize there was Scientific Braineology regarding "shopping carts".   If something departs my cart, I just figure it wasn't meant to be mine.....(usually for the best).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Actually, I believe you may be mistaken, you can't always count on the Q holding items in your cart for an hour anymore, especially if it's a One Time Only. I've lost out more than once because I didn't check out right away! The hosts will usually tell you if you need to check out immediately, but not always. Ever since I've been burned a few times, if it's something I really want, I make sure to check out immediately. You can usually cancel or return if you must. Better safe than sorry is my rule now!

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

The Q holds any item in your cart for an hour + reminds you of that as soon as you place something in the cart.

HSN does not reserve/hold your cart items AT ALL: If you are in the middle of checking out and someone else orders it and completes check out, you lose.

As a univerity professor, I study, among other odd things, neuroscience and how our brains affect our social decisions. Recently studying why we keep making bad decisions. We do. The Q allows for that. During a show, I can throw an item in my cart and enjoy watching the show without panic. (I also teach the Science of Shopping—something students need to understand early in life!)

HSN does, however, let you know how many items are LEFT, when it's down to just a few. With the Q you just have to wonder unless, during the show, the host mentions it.

Retailers spend a lot of research $$ finding ways to reduce our Anticipated Purchase Regrets. How to trigger BUY NOW thinking.

Anyone else experience panic-y online Buying, followed by Regrets, followed by the irritation of Returns

images.jpeg

@1Professor 

Just wondering about what your Science of Shopping would say about a person who sees something they really want, excited about it, can have it if they want but waits 3 days to see if they still feel the same before buying. Not mentioning any names of courseWoman EmbarassedWoman Tongue.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2   That hypothetical person seeks to avoid the relatively common experience of not liking a purchase. Either because of numerous past purchases they painfully regretted or self-generated anxiety about the normal experience of changing our minds . . .

Opposite of the person who typically buys 2 or 3 of an item out of fear they will wish they had more but the item is no longer available (chronic hedging with multiple back-ups).

unnamed.png

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  When I find something that I like whether it be in clothes, shoes, bags etc., I will buy several in different colors. I can't really think of anything that I regret buying because most of the time I always weigh the good and the bad.

I've quit looking for the next best thing and stick with what I know works for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@1Professor  When I find something that I like whether it be in clothes, shoes, bags etc., I will buy several in different colors. I can't really think of anything that I regret buying because most of the time I always weigh the good and the bad.

I've quit looking for the next best thing and stick with what I know works for me.

@VenturaHighway   Yours is the healthy habit, compared to those who just double up on anything out of fear of missing out. My great aunt used to say, "If it's nice, buy it twice."

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  I truly believe that women are definitely influenced by show hosts or other women to buy something because it is going to sell out or that if you have something then I want it too.

I love your Great Aunt's sayingWoman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Alberti mentioned several times that you have to check out right away unless you want "someone" to steal your item. That was a dumb thing to say, since individuals cannot move things from one cart to another. He should have said that your item could be given to another customer who was checking out.