Respected Contributor

Holding our cart items for an hour: Priceless!

The Q holds any item in your cart for an hour + reminds you of that as soon as you place something in the cart.

HSN does not reserve/hold your cart items AT ALL: If you are in the middle of checking out and someone else orders it and completes check out, you lose.

As a univerity professor, I study, among other odd things, neuroscience and how our brains affect our social decisions. Recently studying why we keep making bad decisions. We do. The Q allows for that. During a show, I can throw an item in my cart and enjoy watching the show without panic. (I also teach the Science of Shopping—something students need to understand early in life!)

HSN does, however, let you know how many items are LEFT, when it's down to just a few. With the Q you just have to wonder unless, during the show, the host mentions it.

Retailers spend a lot of research $$ finding ways to reduce our Anticipated Purchase Regrets. How to trigger BUY NOW thinking.

Anyone else experience panic-y online Buying, followed by Regrets, followed by the irritation of Returns

images.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holding our cart items for an hour: Priceless!

..Regrets.........I've had a few  (sound familiar?........... i.e., Frankie S)

I've never put something in my Q cart....for years didn't eve know it was an option.  I see - I place order immediately

Regrets...........ordering based on host talking up a food product....run to computer to order.........then being totally disappointed on quality or taste.

Honored Contributor

Anticipated Purchase Regrets?  Is that what us laymen call "buyer's remorse?"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr   Great thinking!

There are two types of buyer's remorse that Retailers pay a lot of $$ to study:

• Past Regretted Decisions Remembered

• Future Anticipated Regrets

As to past regretted decisions: again 2 types.

Regretting a purchase.

Regretting not making a purchase.

Retails was to trigger rememories of the second: things you wish you had bought. Or wishing you had bought more than one and it's now not available.

Honored Contributor

the only time i put items in my cart is when i am ready to purchase and go through the entire process. i also do not do a lot of returns. i had only four returns in 2020.....2 were due to damage, 2 were because i did not  like the style.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

..Regrets.........I've had a few  (sound familiar?........... i.e., Frankie S)

I've never put something in my Q cart....for years didn't eve know it was an option.  I see - I place order immediately

Regrets...........ordering based on host talking up a food product....run to computer to order.........then being totally disappointed on quality or taste.

@fthunt 

that shouldnt even really be a REGRET. you order, you taste, you are disappointed, you get all your money back! it really cost you nothing except the time to prepare.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr that's not how I read it.  I see it as paralyzed by the fear of having buyer's remorse.  The successful salesperson is able to get you past that so that you can then have buyer's remorse.  

Honored Contributor

I've never put anything in my cart without purchasing it.  I do put items in my "wish" list and wait for a lower price--ha ha--or free shipping--LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

The Q holds any item in your cart for an hour + reminds you of that as soon as you place something in the cart.

HSN does not reserve/hold your cart items AT ALL: If you are in the middle of checking out and someone else orders it and completes check out, you lose.

As a univerity professor, I study, among other odd things, neuroscience and how our brains affect our social decisions. Recently studying why we keep making bad decisions. We do. The Q allows for that. During a show, I can throw an item in my cart and enjoy watching the show without panic. (I also teach the Science of Shopping—something students need to understand early in life!)

HSN does, however, let you know how many items are LEFT, when it's down to just a few. With the Q you just have to wonder unless, during the show, the host mentions it.

Retailers spend a lot of research $$ finding ways to reduce our Anticipated Purchase Regrets. How to trigger BUY NOW thinking.

Anyone else experience panic-y online Buying, followed by Regrets, followed by the irritation of Returns

images.jpeg

Correct me if I'm wrong but based on many posts regarding losing items placed in the cart it is my understanding that Q does NOT reserve the item so if there are enough completed orders before the buyer actually buys they may not get the item;  the one hour time limit is the length of time an item remains in the cart before being moved to another location not a hold on the item.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 Regrets....well that's...MY.....interpretation of the posting and I'm entitled to it.

For your information - I rarely run to Customer Service to get my money back - perhaps twice in all of 2020 and I bought a LOT of food to stock my big freezer for winter.

Your replay wasn't necessary in any way and lacking of facts.