Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Yeah, what would happen immediately is that your order would show as Processing and immediately not able to be canceled. At all. 

Then it would be shipped about 7 long days later via UPS Surepost,  so it would get to your town, your post office (but not your own door),  via UPS in about 5 days,  and stay stuck in the post office for an extra 2 or 3 days before finally getting delivered to you to enjoy.  

If it didn’t suit you or you had finally just lost interest in owning it, you’d ship it back with the QVC label and it would remain in the post office for 11 days until it moved back to QVCand was posted as received in a matter of 8-10 more days.  The refund would be acknowledged by email to you 5 days after that and be posted to your MasterCard or Visa as a credit (less shipping costs) as close to the next billing cycle as timing might allow. Pretty arbitrary. 

Pardon my cynical projection of current QVC time values. I think many recent experiences actually parallel these estimates. 

@gizmogal  I'm sure it was not meant to be funny but this post had me laughing out loud!!!  Especially the highlighted!!  Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Does David still say "We'll ship it to you straight away!"?     QVC keeps items "in process" longer than any other online place I shop.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It still happens with some things.  That's what makes it so frustrating for many of us.  Some things arrive in a matter of days, other things take linger than a week.  

I have had things that NEVER SHIPPED so I finally cancelled them. Yes, Amy is pretty  out of touch with QVC shipping😄

Respected Contributor

I am still waiting on items ordered on 4/19.  They just shipped and may be delivered on Friday.  What irks me is you can't cancel an item that has been "in process" for seven or eight days. 

Esteemed Contributor

The evening of April 30th I ordered the DynaTrap TSV.  This afternoon I received tracking information from UPS stating delivery on Friday.  I have not yet received notice from Q that my order was shipped but tracking shows it is in transit.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Yeah, what would happen immediately is that your order would show as Processing and immediately not able to be canceled. At all. 

Then it would be shipped about 7 long days later via UPS Surepost,  so it would get to your town, your post office (but not your own door),  via UPS in about 5 days,  and stay stuck in the post office for an extra 2 or 3 days before finally getting delivered to you to enjoy.  

If it didn’t suit you or you had finally just lost interest in owning it, you’d ship it back with the QVC label and it would remain in the post office for 11 days until it moved back to QVCand was posted as received in a matter of 8-10 more days.  The refund would be acknowledged by email to you 5 days after that and be posted to your MasterCard or Visa as a credit (less shipping costs) as close to the next billing cycle as timing might allow. Pretty arbitrary. 

Pardon my cynical projection of current QVC time values. I think many recent experiences actually parallel these estimates. 

@gizmogal  Agreed! And if you send an exchange to HSN, they'll ship out the new item to you before they receive the old one. I also get credited much quicker with HSN than with QVC, so it's possible. QVC just chooses not to offer better service. 

Frequent Contributor

YES, I LAUGHED AT THAT ONE.  I BOUGHT A BRA 9 DAYS AGO AND JUST TODAY GOT A EMAIL FROM QVC THAT IT HAS BEEN DELAYED.  REALLY?  MOST PLACES GIVE YOU AN OPTION TO CANCEL OR RETURN IT WHEN YOU GET IT (WHO KNOWS WHEN THAT WILL BE AT NO CHARGE), BUT QVC JUST SAYS CHECK ORDER STATUS TO FIND WHERE IT IS.  NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE FOLKS.

Respected Contributor

On top slow shipping, of all those numerous Q shipping transfers and our merchandise is tossed and thrown hither and there. Thus cheaper and longer shipping times.

The last box which was a Dooney Patent Purse I received this week. After one of the many transfers it, looked like some poor carrier used a roll of tape to try and salvage the box enough to hold it inside. It was the WORST looking box  I ever received from any company. Some bags are so filthy and disgusting. I do not ever in my experience have had this happen with other on line vendor.

I realize shipping is out of Q's hands once it leaves the warehouse, but why are Q boxes and bags so smashed up? It has to be the increased number of transfers to keep it cheaper. I didn't used to think so, but shipping/handling costs must make a profitable revenue? Below Third Class, slow shipping.

So many companies have free shipping offers for long time customers or for purchasing a certain dollar amount or using their retail credit card. 

Respected Contributor

Amy is clueless.  You can add me to the list of customers who are disgusted with shipping problems.  Too slow.  Too expensive.  Not customer friendly. Period.

Respected Contributor

I know my QVC purchasing has dropped due to all the shipping issues. Orders should not sit in process for days and you aren't allowed to cancel. That is where things really need to change.