Honored Contributor

Re: Hey QVC--probably time to change out the Christmas images in your banner!

@dooBdoo wrote:

@gardensla, I think what you're seeing is due to old cookies or cache on your device.  Try clearing cookies/cache/website data.  Then close the browser and relaunch it.

hth!

To add, this is what most of us are seeing:

View of Q forum threads

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

@dooBdoo

I figured as much as I cleared cache and cookies back to the beginning of time, restarted and its still there. No which browsers it's there. 

My computer is haunted by the ghost of Christmas past, I guess!

Hah!Smiley  @gardensla, I hope it's not haunted!  In this case, you might have supercookies/ubercookies (LSOs or "flash cookies") on your device, or other corrupted data. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I looked around, but don't see anything Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

Dang. How do I rid myself of those?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Buckaroo2 wrote:

My forum main page has 3 female hosts looking at an iPhone or smart phone.  

Mine has the three hosts looking at the iPhone, too.

That's what I have too - three women taking a selfie.  

I'm so ready for them to take that photo down too.  It was there long before the Christmas photos.  Surely, they have new photos and it shouldn't take very long to switch them.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

You cleared all browsing history and they're still there?  Did you delete the temporary Internet files on your hard drive?  

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

You cleared all browsing history and they're still there?  Did you delete the temporary Internet files on your hard drive?  

Yep. And, I unistalled flash too. After restarting that banner has now been updated in Firefox but remains in Chrome. Guessing something got screwy in Chrome. Guessing the solution is to uninstall and reinstall Chrome?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

There are different ways to avoid LSOs or to remove them.  You can use extensions/addons (like "BetterPrivacy" on Firefox, for example) to avoid them and/or remove them.   There's software you can run periodically to clean them out, too. 

They are pesky little devils.  Here's one article with general information (scroll down to the "Clearing Flash cookies" section) and also you can do searches for articles on supercookies, ubercookies, flash cookies, or LSOs.

article: https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2014/11/05/how-to-clear-out-cookies-flash-cookies-and-local-storage...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

Yep. And, I unistalled flash too. After restarting that banner has now been updated in Firefox but remains in Chrome. Guessing something got screwy in Chrome. Guessing the solution is to uninstall and reinstall Chrome?

Chrome is likely still picking up on LSOs stored on your computer related to Chrome.  You can either get the LSOs cleared out or try reinstalling the browser...  but for future reference you want to avoid having these flash cookies remaining on your device.