Honored Contributor

Re: Hey,Q, I'm getting a little worried

@2zbeach wrote:

Hi,Beth,

Thanks for your offer,but I just checked order status and the item has gone to backorder.....sigh.

Something else, along with orders they summarily cancel because they can't fill them, that seems to be happening far more than it ever did before, and with unacceptable frequency. 

Sort of makes you wonder whether sales of items or sales of air time top their list of priorities.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@novamc1 I always mail my taxes in using a Certificate of Mailing.  You have to do this at the P.O. so I need to stand in line.  But you fill it out (your name and address and the name and address where you are sending the mail) and the P.O. postmarks it. That's proof of your having mailed it, dated and stamped by the P.O.  I've done this for years with any taxes I'm mailing in.  It has risen in cost of the years - I think it cost 75 cents when I first started using it and last time I used it a few months ago it was $1.35.   Well worth it and it's still cheaper than certified mail.  

The way things are nowadays with the mail, I want to have written documentation that I have mailed something, and when. Just for occasions such as yours.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

Making important bill payments online avoids both extra cost and  standing in line at the P.O., and we get a nicely printed receipt when the payment is transmitted.

At our busy P.O. in the Wash DC suburbs, the tiny parking lot is usually a nightmare to navigate  and doesn't measure up to the traffic that comes through, plus the staff is often overworked and can be grumpty at times, so it and has always been a good place to avoid.

.  Now that regular postal service has proven unreliable enough to result in a $500+ tax penalty,  we have added property tax to the list of items paid by credit card or direct bank transfers.  We rarely write a check for anything anymore, except for quarterly estimated income taxes to the state and federal governments.

Honored Contributor

Q's delivery time is also dependent on USPS and UPS.  They are often delayed at this time of year.  7-10 days for Q may really be 10-15 or more in reality.  

Honored Contributor

Not just Q.  Nordstrom online.  I ordered something on Black Friday online and still has not shipped.  I got an email from them today apologizing and saying it will ship....soon