Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't going t place anymore orders since the 'rush' is on....

Anyway I saw the Bershire set of 2 throws TSV and thought they were nice. They were supposed to arrive by 12/18 so thought that I would get a set for myself....

Now, a little over a day later.....it says they will arrive by 12/24.....

I hope they surprise me and it arrives sooner....

Valued Contributor

I haven't been ordering a whole lot from QVC lately, however, the things I have ordered have been arriving very quickly.  I've been pleasantly surprised!

Honored Contributor

I just got an email saying an item has just shipped that I received 2 days ago. I know everything is fouled up , but I had to laugh. 😁

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  I have an idea for QVC regarding shipping.....how about if you're not in a hurry to get it before Christmas to have an option to have it shipped after the 25th.  They could manage their warehouse workload by allowing customers to prioritize their orders based on if they needed their item right away or could wait for a discount or a free shipping offer.

I ordered the L&L pie carrier on Sunday and it looks like it's getting delivered this week, and I could have easily waited until Jan to get it.  It happened to be free shipping last Sunday, which is great - so I place an order, but I'm not in any big hurry to get it before Christmas.  They could offer free shipping to anything ordered in December, if you give them the option to ship after the 25th.  

This would allow QVC to manage the amount of shipments needing to get out earlier in the month if they gave customers this option....plus it would alleviate some of the overload of shipments for the post office and other carriers and maybe my packages that are seem to be lost at my local post office might actually get delivered quicker.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

I had the same experience as you. I ordered a set of TSV throws to split and leave on porches of two individuals. I was excited to see promised delivery on the 18th. Alas! Arrival time jumped to an EDD of Dec. 24 very quickly. I chose the Holiday Cheer set with the holiday words on the printed throw.  I sure hope that this delivery arrives closer to when it originally was promised than on the six-day later "promised" arrival date.  In retrospect, I should have ordered a set of throws that were not holiday related.

Contributor

Re: Here we go again....

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma  I have an idea for QVC regarding shipping.....how about if you're not in a hurry to get it before Christmas to have an option to have it shipped after the 25th.  They could manage their warehouse workload by allowing customers to prioritize their orders based on if they needed their item right away or could wait for a discount or a free shipping offer.

I ordered the L&L pie carrier on Sunday and it looks like it's getting delivered this week, and I could have easily waited until Jan to get it.  It happened to be free shipping last Sunday, which is great - so I place an order, but I'm not in any big hurry to get it before Christmas.  They could offer free shipping to anything ordered in December, if you give them the option to ship after the 25th.  

This would allow QVC to manage the amount of shipments needing to get out earlier in the month if they gave customers this option....plus it would alleviate some of the overload of shipments for the post office and other carriers and maybe my packages that are seem to be lost at my local post office might actually get delivered quicker.

Gap.com already has something like this -- it's called "no rush" shipping, pretty slow, but always free.

Whereas QVC shipping is almost always pretty slow, but almost never free, lol.

Except this weekend! I just ordered a laptop lapdesk I had my eye on that usually ships for $7.50. Amazn has the same one for thirteen bucks more and they are out of the color I wanted, so, win-win!

Esteemed Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I had the same experience as you. I ordered a set of TSV throws to split and leave on porches of two individuals. I was excited to see promised delivery on the 18th. Alas! Arrival time jumped to an EDD of Dec. 24 very quickly. I chose the Holiday Cheer set with the holiday words on the printed throw.  I sure hope that this delivery arrives closer to when it originally was promised than on the six-day later "promised" arrival date.  In retrospect, I should have ordered a set of throws that were not holiday related.

I ordered the same set.....

Super Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I wasn't going t place anymore orders since the 'rush' is on....

Anyway I saw the Bershire set of 2 throws TSV and thought they were nice. They were supposed to arrive by 12/18 so thought that I would get a set for myself....

Now, a little over a day later.....it says they will arrive by 12/24.....

I hope they surprise me and it arrives sooner....

My order also states 12/24 but I also ordered the matching pillow set to the TSV throws and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow (12/12). Neither is a gift so no worries on my end but wondering if they made the EDD so far in advance to avoid complaints and the numerous "I didn't get my order on time" threads that appear here on the boards every year.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Valued Contributor

Re: Here we go again....

[ Edited ]

Oh no!  I ordered the same thing and needed it BEFORE the 24th.  Not everyone has until Christmas day to give gifts.  Had I known it was an advanced or EDD date, I would not have ordered the TSV.  So, disappointed!

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma @LilMadi 

My throws, ordered the same time as yours and changed to delivery by 12/24, just arrived about an hour ago. Today is only 12/15.  UPS kept my packages ( I had several that arrived today) instead of handing them off to USPS.  I now officially have received everything ordered from QVC and from every other site and retailer. I am impressed by all of the carriers-- although there have been a few issues with FedEx--all the sites, and all of the retailers.  Job well done with everything since September.