Respected Contributor

Re: Here is what I don’t understand about QVC’s programming....

The Q runs everything into the ground. If I was a vendor, I would think twice before coming to QVC. In my opinion, overkill can ruin a business just as much as slow sales. There needs to be a balance. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago QVC had a lot of items that definitely were not available all over.  Now I always check other sites/stores and so many times I can find the same item locally or, better yet, at a website that has free shipping and free returns and either the same price or less than QVC.  For my shopping needs, Linea is the only brand QVC has that I cannot buy elsewhere.  Also, sometimes they have a "set of two" of something which is just a little more than one, so that is a good value.    I agree that the hosts should spend more time on explaining the colors, fabric, is the item only "dry clean", does it fit true to size, etc.  I think they spend too much time on silliness, their "inside" jokes, etc.

Honored Contributor

QVC supposedly gives all their air time to the brands that bring in the bucks.  However, these brands bring in more sales because they are on air all the time.  Why not give us a variety and get some other brands on air that currently have zero air time?  Get them on air and give them a chance to bring in sales.

Respected Contributor

Most of the emphasis for on air products seem to be what I call house brands. Imagine that is where most of the profits are. This is why viewing live programs has become boring. To sell three or four items during a two hour show = infomercial that I can watch online or on any channel. Really don't understand what they are trying to accomplish with the Beauty IQ Channel.
Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee- I've mentioned on this forum before that one day I was bored so flipped from QVC to Q2 to BeautyIQ.   All three channels were showing the same brand at the same time.     I thought having 3 different channels meant more diverse products being shown................. guess not.  Since some of the shows on Q2 and BeautyIQ used to be re-runs of QVC shows, seeing repeats of shows I'd seen before happened several times.  Since I've quit watching the spin-off channels, I haven't seen if this is still happening.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

QVC supposedly gives all their air time to the brands that bring in the bucks.  However, these brands bring in more sales because they are on air all the time.  Why not give us a variety and get some other brands on air that currently have zero air time?  Get them on air and give them a chance to bring in sales.

@San Antonio Gal I so agree with your statement. I feel it is like the chicken and egg theory. Are they showing the same products repeatedly b/c they bring in the money or are these products bringing in the money because they are being showed so much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal@   wrote:

@San Antonio Gal @DJs mom

Great points ladies, but the few brands that sell well aren't enough to bring in decent revenues.  They definitely need a new strategy and as you said more variety.  Also more unique products then what we see everywhere locally or on other webites with better shipping charges.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”