Valued Contributor

Re: Here go the shipping increases!

I had to cancel some items due to the increased shipping charges.  Since gas is at an all-time low, how can the Q rationalize these increased charges?  If they ship our packages quicker - then I won't complain. It would have been nice if they had let us know ahead of time.

Honored Contributor

My son thinks I'm nuts for buying online from an outfit who doesn't offer free S&H and returns. The Q will never get the millenials to buy if they don't change their ways.

Contributor

I believe that none of their warehouses are located next to or near major hubs.  Lancaster is about an hour and 1/2 from Philly on a good traffic day - Norfolk is near no where they have a nice but small airport and I have no idea where they are in CA.  I've said it before - warehouse the items in the center of the country Tenn or Ky like Zappos.

Honored Contributor

I noted the price for an item that would typically ship for less than twelve bucks is now over twelve bucks... It's official, the Q suits are clearly trying to put themselves out of business. Shipping is a sore enough point for some customers without them adding fuel to the fire. It's long been held that shipping is a source of profit for QVC, must be that their profit margin is no longer considered sufficient. No need to wonder why... Really...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

While I agree with those who say they won't pay the high shipping fees, I think if QVC went to free S/H, they would build those costs into the price.  What I'd like them to do is discontinue the food products -- so many people buy it, eat it and then call CS to say it was no good and get their money refunded.  Honest consumers are paying for that.

Respected Contributor

I have to admit I purchase 90% of my clothes online. (in addition to pet supplies, household items, health and beauty items) Packages arrive at this house 1-2 a week.

I would say 1% of my yearly purchases come from the Q- mainly due to the s/h $.

I do get WEN from Q as it is cheaper than me ordering from Chaz Dean.

Regular Contributor

I've noticed the opposite. Recently i've ordered a few things that shipped for free: TSV's, lunchtime specials, nighttime specials, and some clearance items. I like that, as i've removed things from my shopping cart if the shipping charge is insane.
Honored Contributor

I always tend to purchase online with free shipping & returns.  I have to rethink my purchases here because it is so expensive.  The  shipping cost increases and the shipping time decreases.  I ordered something Monday and it still hasn't shipped!! 

Valued Contributor

Supposedly QVC is opening a warehouse in Ontario, California (southern CA) but I don't know if it is open yet - if it is - they never advertised for help like Amazon did when they opened up in San Bernardino County.

Valued Contributor

Did you ever notice how shipping charges must increase when the gas prices rise, but when the gas prices fall, there is never a lower shipping charge?