Trusted Contributor

A couple of days ago, a poster said she didn't feel it was helpful, to have the hosts, simply say, "I'm an xxsmall or a large, whatever, it would only really help, if they give their height and weight. 

I thought, "oh that's never going to happen", nor would I expect the hosts, to give that  kind of personal information. 

Well, tonight, Shawn, put on a zudo Ecovera sweater jump suit, and said her regular size xs, had been too roomy, so she sized down, and recommended, that customers think of sizing down. She said it was unusual, that she'd need to size down, and that she's 5'5 1/2 and about 140.  

I would not have guessed her weight at that (not saying that's high), but, good on her for putting it out there. Maybe she reads the forums 😈

I'm 5'6 and 142, and Shawn looks skinnier than I do. She rocked the jumpsuit, where, I fear, I might have looked like I had rocks in my pockets! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Height and Weight

[ Edited ]

Saying HOW MUCH or LITTLE you weigh will only end up with more argumentive "comments".    I know this first-hand.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Kind of a funny thing to use as a selling tool, since how people "wear" their weight is pretty different from person to person, and weight on a scale can vary typically by + or - 5 pounds,  and many people add or subtract 5 or more pounds when asked to "tell" what their weight is.

Honored Contributor

I don't want or need to know what a person weighs.  I'd like to know their height and the size they wear.  From there, I can easily decide if something works with my body type.

IMO, asking for weight is intrusive and unnecessary.  Some women are incredibly cruel to each other and society judges too harshly.  I can only imagine the comments that people would make on these forums. 

Respected Contributor

Weight means nothing to me when describing the fit of a garment.  Depending on one's body shape and composition, two people with the exact weight can look very different.  

I think it is more important to describe body shape and height when trying to describe the fit of a garment.  And being honest if it may run larger or smaller than normal.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

I think knowing the weight would be helpful but agree it's a sensitive subject.  I do try to remember to add my height and weight to all of my reviews for clothing.  It should be  required as far as I am concerned because it is very helpful.  I don't need to know what you're wearing it with, that doesn't help me at all.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Weight means nothing to me when describing the fit of a garment.  Depending on one's body shape and composition, two people with the exact weight can look very different.  

I think it is more important to describe body shape and height when trying to describe the fit of a garment.  And being honest if it may run larger or smaller than normal.

Agree.  I am Shawn's exact height and once upon a time I weighed 140 and even less and I was never an x-small!!!!

Honored Contributor

If I were to go by my height and weight I should wear size 16-18 and not size 12 and acording to weight charts be considered obese!

Respected Contributor

I am 5 ft 4 1/2 in and weigh 143.  I am busty and sometimes wear a large size top and sometimes a medium.  I have jeans in size 4, 6 and 8.  

I have not ordered any clothing from QVC in years.  I know they used to run very large in their sizing, but that was years ago.  

Since sizing is all over the place with every store I have shopped at, I would expect the presenter to be honest, and let buyers know about the fit of each garment.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I don't even need it to get that personal.  What I wish is that they would say something like "I usually wear a Medium in this brand but in this style, I found that a Large worked best for me."  That way people would know whether it might be a good idea to size up.  Just saying what size they are wearing is sometimes not all that helpful.