Esteemed Contributor

Weight seems to be the last secret.  An odd thing.  It is just a measurement.

Honored Contributor

I think fashion models should give their weight, height, measurements, and clothing size.  For hosts, only if they feel comfortable doing it.  Height, measurements, and sizes of models are often given on other retailers' websites.  

To me, Shawn looks about 120 lbs.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Height and Weight

[ Edited ]

I dont know why they even bother to give height and size....Just like Amy..... she's always saying....Im petite and you can see the length on me on these pants etc....BUT she's always wearing STILETTOS so that info is totally skewed....🙄 This is a pet peeve of mine....provide the MODELS info only

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

Weight means nothing to me when describing the fit of a garment.  Depending on one's body shape and composition, two people with the exact weight can look very different.  

I think it is more important to describe body shape and height when trying to describe the fit of a garment.  And being honest if it may run larger or smaller than normal.

Agree.  I am Shawn's exact height and once upon a time I weighed 140 and even less and I was never an x-small!!!!

True, body weight is carried differently in every person.  So a person that is 140lbs (or whatever weight) could be in one size, and another at the same weight could be another size, etc. depending on body composition

Some people have a lot of muscle which weighs more, yet have a slimmer looking build, fit in smaller size clothing. I don't think giving the weight of a person is an accurate measure for clothing sizes. 

Super Contributor
Shawn looks great in everything she wears . But I have heard her say she was 5'7 at times. Confusing. Zuda is a QVC brand like D&co so this brand must run large. No shade. I always have trouble ordering clothing because I am forever buying clothes that are too big . Never know what size chart to go to. I use my measurements but still do not know what chart to use. Perhaps the hosts or vendors could assist us and let us know what size chart to use. I should post this in suggestions.
Honored Contributor

I don't often buy QVC clothing anymore, but when I do I don't really need the weight of the hosts/models.

I would much prefer their height and measurements.  That gives me a much better idea of how the item would fit on my frame.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have never thought any of the hosts lie about the size they are wearing, and stating that she weighs 140 proves she's not inclined to lie.  Granted, it can be argued that she wears her clothes too tight and would probably look better in a larger size.  Her weight also reinforces the point that Q clothing runs large.  I am of the opinion it runs larger now than it ever has.

Esteemed Contributor
@Spurt. Her stilettos don’t change the length of her legs or where the pants, skirts or dresses fall on her
Esteemed Contributor
@Fashiinistasincebirth. It is my experience that the garment measurements provide a more accurate fit, provided you know your chest waist and hip measurements .
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat wrote:
@Spurt. Her stilettos don’t change the length of her legs or where the pants, skirts or dresses fall on her

@Teddixat 

...If I wear flats where my pant length hits is different then when I wear heels...The hosts are always saying....if your petite also get regular pants for when you change shoes from flats to heels to boots!

Here's from a fashion blog, the type of shoes DOES make a difference....

COMMON QUESTIONS REGARDING PANT LENGTHS

What length should my pants be to work with both flats and heels?

Unless the pants or jeans are skinny, straight, or ankle they rarely work with both flats and heels. Again, I recommend sticking to around the same height of heels so you can easily mix and match pants and shoes. If you have a beloved pair of pants you wish to wear with flats and heels… consider purchasing two pairs. I have JAG Paley bootcut jeans in petite, and hemmed a regular length to be perfect with my 3” heels. It may seem excessive, but it may prevent you from destroying your favorite pants or buying “not quite right” pants.

My commuter shoes are flats, but my work shoes are heels. How do I get to work without my pants dragging?

You need a way to raise up the pants for your commute; there’s many gadgets on the market that accomplishes this without damaging your trousers. Hem Gems can be found on Amazon and come in a variety of colors to add some bling to your look while temporarily holding up your hem.  Style Snaps can also be found on Amazon and I know many women who have and love them.  City Clips are another reusable option that will keep your pant legs cuffed at a higher height while you wear commuter flats. Zakkerz get rave reviews from many friends and readers; they have two options and are the best for keeping drapey or silky fabrics rolled up.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”