Frequent Contributor

Heads up with new check out method

I have noticed that I do not have to sign in with my password before placing an order! So anyone can start an order, use your ID and payment method but send it to an unknown(fake) address! However to check on personal orders or add topic to forums, must completely sign in including password. I think this is very dangerous and will be watching my credit Billings VERY closely!! Plus who screwed the pooch on the tricky new check out system🤬
Honored Contributor

Re: Heads up with new check out method

i placed an order tonight.

i signed in with my email address.

i then had to put in my password as usual.

not sure how anyone could sign into my account unless they stole my password?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

Not sure but it’s been four times in past week including today , shop, place item in cart, then check out- no log in or password requested, totally weird!!
Trusted Contributor

@littleminx Same here on not having to sign in.  Plus I have many times had the old-better-check out system today crop up and saved items from a month ago show up-but not be able to order anything I just put in my cart.  Ebates and Mr. Rebates took me to an old order page-not what I was trying to buy., so I could not make a purchase through them.   Absolutely crazy website today.

Honored Contributor

I assumed it was because I was signed into the forum.  My issue is I order for both my mother and I.  I wasn't able to change to which account I wanted to use.  My mother only orders occasionally, so maybe I need to shut her account down.  We'll see how it plays out.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 

i order for my mother also.

i just make sure to sign out of my account and then sign into hers if i have to order something for her. then sign out again.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but I don't see any security issue with the new checkout system.

I just logged out of here and tried to place an order without entering my email and password - wouldn't let me do it.

I have been able to access my account, if I'm already logged into the forums, but even then sometimes it still asks for my password before I can do anything more than look at my wish list.  It certainly never displays my personal or CC information.

I don't find the new checkout system difficult at all and I like that it gives you a one-page receipt that is free of any pictures or graphics.

(Personally I think we should only have to log in once to use the forums and/or access our account, since we're probably all using the same email and password for both.)

Honored Contributor

@littleminx- It could be a setting you have on your own device that keeps you logged in or "remembers" you.  You might want to contact one of the moderators, if you have a genuine concern about the security of your information.

Frequent Contributor

Just started with new check out system, I can be totally off site, phone turned off for a concert, for example, and still happening😡. Plant to call CS in am, do not need my info Shanghai’d into a crime!’
Frequent Contributor