Honored Contributor

Re: He doesn't state reason for removal

@Reever wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

As much as we may not like it, this is Q's website and they can do anything they want to it including removing posts.  

The biggest problem is that some people can't handle positions different than their own and report them as inappropriate.  One needs a thick skin to post on these forums.

I have to wonder if ageism is at play?  A lot of the IT people are "techie" types in their 20s who cannot relate to senior citizens. Some are downright ageist.

@Reever   It's not at all surprising that you feel this way.  I've never heard you say one positive thing about younger people.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The mods don't have many rules, it's mostly subjective.  Not many posters actually break board rules.  Like when they say something is "argumentative" and apparently that particular mod is the only one who saw that.  It's likey that he didn't have a reason he could articulate, he didn't like it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think this community is meant to be a pleasant place where people can gather and respectfully exchange thoughts, ideas, opinions and likes or dislikes. The majority of opinions expressed are respectful. I have, however, seen some that were hateful, prejudicial or aggressive. I don't think anything like that should be tolerated here.There are social media platforms where that is allowed and encouraged, so perhaps that might be a better place for that personality. Maybe In a perfect world we should be able to agree or disagree however we choose, wherever we choose, but this is not a perfect world. This is a chat community with specific guidelines that are monitored by moderators to ensure that the forums do not turn into a grudge match, or become disrespectful of another persons rights, beliefs, or opinions. ADULTS should be able to congregate without the need for monitoring, but there are almost daily examples of the reasons it is absolutely necessary. Some threads or posts are deleted for reasons we don't always understand. What one moderator thinks is appropriate based on their awareness, another might not. I choose to relax, and enjoy the community and not get too caught up in the politics. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

@SandySparkles   To a point I disagree.   I think we should be allowed to have "discussions" on issues such as current events, politics, religtion.   I think what the mods consider argumentive is just natural conversation where not everyone agrees with everyones point of view.  Very normal and doesn't necessarily mean argumentive.   Doesn't mean we dislike the poster just different points of view.   I personally love debating issues as I can learn from others points of view.  I think it's healthy.   In my real life with friends we have those discussions all the time without arguing.    And getting back to the  original post, yes I suppose they don't have to give us a reason but it sure would be helpful if they diid.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@SandySparkles   To a point I disagree.   I think we should be allowed to have "discussions" on issues such as current events, politics, religtion.   I think what the mods consider argumentive is just natural conversation where not everyone agrees with everyones point of view.  Very normal and doesn't necessarily mean argumentive.   Doesn't mean we dislike the poster just different points of view.   I personally love debating issues as I can learn from others points of view.  I think it's healthy.   In my real life with friends we have those discussions all the time without arguing.    And getting back to the  original post, yes I suppose they don't have to give us a reason but it sure would be helpful if they diid.

@Junebug54  I disagree. I have never seen a thread about any of the subjects you mention that didn’t turn go horribly wrong. There are many message boards out there where you can post about these subjects. They are not needed here.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I think,  as adults, so what if they go wrong.   What is the worse thing that could happen.   A few feelings are hurt, that's life.   Personally I post rarely because of the "babysitting".    Just as you and I are now disagreeing... I don't have an issue with that.   Just different opinions and I respect you for yours...

Esteemed Contributor

The removing an item from public view with the phrase "just because" is the internet equivalent of sticking your tongue out at someone.Robot tongueWoman TongueCat TongueMan TongueSmiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

Earlier this year I started a post about how are we to know what is "unkind".  There are comments that anyone would consider unkind, but then there's a gray area.  I've seen numerous threads shut down because it was judged to be "unkind to host", but when I read it before the shut down I didn't think it was unkind, just an opinion. Evidently, if a less than glowing comment is made about a host,  the host's fans report it to the mods, then poof!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 You are absolutely right! People SHOULD be allowed to have "discussions", as long as the discussions are civil. Differing opinions are one thing-personal attacks are another. These boards are not for a disgruntled person to  attempt to impose their will on others under the guise of having a "discussion". There are online social platforms suitable for that. Guidelines for using these boards are quite clear. If in fact threads or posts are deleted, it comes with the territory. At the end of the day, it is not the end of the world. Let us all just enjoy the boards. We are not children on a playground that had their ball stolen.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

As much as we may not like it, this is Q's website and they can do anything they want to it including removing posts.  

The biggest problem is that some people can't handle positions different than their own and report them as inappropriate.  One needs a thick skin to post on these forums.

I have to wonder if ageism is at play?  A lot of the IT people are "techie" types in their 20s who cannot relate to senior citizens. Some are downright ageist.

That seems like a stretch to me.  Age isn't something we add to the forums.  I'm sure they can figure it out for some people based on what they post.  I said I'm retired so they know I'm older but I've had just 1 post removed over the years (and it probably should have been).