Honored Contributor

Re: He doesn't state reason for removal

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@AuntG  - I also wonder why threads are removed and I saw the one you're talking about "moved because" and no reason.

Seems like I remember in the forum rules it states that there will always be an explanation why a thread was removed.   I agree with you that they should post the reason a thread was moved or removed.

What about threads that disappear?  I've come back looking for threads and they were "poofed".

@San Antonio Gal 

Maybe on some threads they think the reason is obvious....  But it would help with knowing what not to do..... 

I get it, their rules, their Forum, their decision, their job--but what I dont get is when a thread is moving along in a nice discussion and the "QVC DEFENDERS" chime in with snarky comments (change the channel, get a life, find something else to do, and really attack individuals) they get the entire thread shut down....something should be done about those folks with their snarky personal attacks....to me they are just "trolling" and making threads inciteful and baiting people rather than just stating their point of view in an intelligent manner without the rude and condescending comments and leave it at that OR they can ignore the threads that upset them...I think their whole purpose is to get the thread shut down....and some have even admitted it.  But that's against the Community Guidelines too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I was reading the post on medicare, checked back and it was closed for commenting....I found the post interesting and did learn a few things when I originally read it....I saw no fighting, etc....and no reason for closing for comment.  I don't understand!

@Mom2Dogs   That one was a real head scratcher.  I couldn't figure out why in the world it would have been closed for commenting.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I was reading the post on medicare, checked back and it was closed for commenting....I found the post interesting and did learn a few things when I originally read it....I saw no fighting, etc....and no reason for closing for comment.  I don't understand!

@Mom2Dogs 

I didnt see the thread but did it take a political turn perhaps...because even if everyone agreed on what was said, politics is a no-no (and I do agree about that arguments start over minor topics as it is without adding something like politics  to the mix....)

@Spurt   I don't like threads that take a political turn.  This one had absolutely nothing political in it at all.  It was simple and straightforward questions about Medicare, Part D in particular.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

I didnt see the thread but did it take a political turn perhaps...because even if everyone agreed on what was said, politics is a no-no (and I do agree about that arguments start over minor topics as it is without adding something like politics  to the mix....)

@Spurt   I don't like threads that take a political turn.  This one had absolutely nothing political in it at all.  It was simple and straightforward questions about Medicare, Part D in particular.

@NickNack 

Interesting.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Spurt....I don't know if the thread took a 'turn' or not...It did not appear that posts were edited, removed, etc, and it was not even a long thread.

I wish they moderators would say why it was closed.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes if there is a lot of posts with good discussion they are closed. It is like Mods want customers to move on and start a new topic. The comments don't necessarily have to be rude or arguementive.  

Honored Contributor

As much as we may not like it, this is Q's website and they can do anything they want to it including removing posts.  

The biggest problem is that some people can't handle positions different than their own and report them as inappropriate.  One needs a thick skin to post on these forums.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

As much as we may not like it, this is Q's website and they can do anything they want to it including removing posts.  

The biggest problem is that some people can't handle positions different than their own and report them as inappropriate.  One needs a thick skin to post on these forums.

I have to wonder if ageism is at play?  A lot of the IT people are "techie" types in their 20s who cannot relate to senior citizens. Some are downright ageist.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever   Your take is interesting, but I can't concur.  I haven't seen any senior bias on the part of the forum moderators.

I wouldn't want the job they do--customer service, placater, troubleshooter, etc., especially the last nine to twelve months and longer when so much at Q seems to be in a state of flux since the rollouts of many different things since the acquisition/merger that is Qurate.

Remember the kerfuffle over the change in the Q logo and TV screen displays, never mind all the IT hiccups on the website that are still ongoing?

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I hope everyone realizes this forum is solely so that QVC can get an idea about what their buyers are thinking about how THEY are doing.

They are not interested in anything else.  My point?  Well, they want us to keep on track talking about things that in some way pertain to what they sell or do.  

The thing that always bothers me is that it stays up.....kinda like 'taunting' (anyway that's how I see it).  They have the ability to remove it....yet they leave it.

It's their website.  I don't belong to other websites because I am outspoken. I'd probably get into 'trouble' as far as confrontation.

I'd love to join a face to face group to discuss so many other things (i.e. transgender, gays, all current events and on and on).  That's my goal for the new year.

People fascinate me and I've always been interested in 'the other side of life'.  I was taught to learn and respect people who disagree with me.

I've left this forum more than once for months at a time because it's so constraint.

@Annabellethecat66 

Let me tell you ANNABELLE....Im an NFL fan and participate on Sports Forums where there are intense rivalries....and I must say the guys/gals on the Sports Forums are much nicer than here on the QVC Forum. At least we respect each others opinions and even if we disagree we do it with wit and humor and agree to disagree. While here on the QVC Forum reside some of the rudest and snarkiest people, BUT overall the nice participants outweight the not so nice....and thats why I stay here....But I tease the guys on the NFL Forum saying there's a Forum where they wouldnt last 5 minutes (but I didnt tell them it was QVC).... the worst they do over there is cuss and swear but thats all...no snark or meanness...

QVC banned some of the "troublemakers", but it amazes me how others arent banned...They keep the Mods busy with their comments that end up closing threads that had some good conversation but they came and went to "attack mode"....All I got to say is they must buy a heck of a lot from QVC to keep them going...LOL!!! Woman LOL 

Amazon shut down their Forum and I hope QVC doesnt decide to do the same...It does allow QVC to gather customer feedback and keep customers on their website....