Honored Contributor

He doesn't state reason for removal

Already this morning, I've seen threads taken down that that say they were removed" because". I keep thinking of parents who say " because I said so". Would love more explanations from the mod. Most give a reason like duplication, contains a link, or argumentative but this one leaves us guessing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: He doesn't state reason for removal

@AuntG wrote:

Already this morning, I've seen threads taken down that that say they were removed" because". I keep thinking of parents who say " because I said so". Would love more explanations from the mod. Most give a reason like duplication, contains a link, or argumentative but this one leaves us guessing.

I agree..at least then we know what not to do.

Honored Contributor

@AuntGLots of times as I sign on and read through even the title and the small bit of a thread that shows without our clicking in, I figure "This threaf will be deleted."  Saw one this morning hat typed out a link.  Yes, we'd have to retype it properly to use it, but it's really still using one company to support a competitor.

I'm surprised some days they don't eliminate more than they do.  Wonder if there's evidence in retail research that explains how encouraging posters to reveal deals elsewhere adds to sales here.  How does that work?

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG   Many just say "moved" but not to where.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG  - I also wonder why threads are removed and I saw the one you're talking about "moved because" and no reason.

Seems like I remember in the forum rules it states that there will always be an explanation why a thread was removed.   I agree with you that they should post the reason a thread was moved or removed.

What about threads that disappear?  I've come back looking for threads and they were "poofed".

Honored Contributor

I was reading the post on medicare, checked back and it was closed for commenting....I found the post interesting and did learn a few things when I originally read it....I saw no fighting, etc....and no reason for closing for comment.  I don't understand!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@AuntG  - I also wonder why threads are removed and I saw the one you're talking about "moved because" and no reason.

Seems like I remember in the forum rules it states that there will always be an explanation why a thread was removed.   I agree with you that they should post the reason a thread was moved or removed.

What about threads that disappear?  I've come back looking for threads and they were "poofed".

Most interesting threads are poofed...seems we can’t talk about much without a problem occurring for or by someone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I was reading the post on medicare, checked back and it was closed for commenting....I found the post interesting and did learn a few things when I originally read it....I saw no fighting, etc....and no reason for closing for comment.  I don't understand!

@Mom2Dogs 

I didnt see the thread but did it take a political turn perhaps...because even if everyone agreed on what was said, politics is a no-no (and I do agree about that arguments start over minor topics as it is without adding something like politics  to the mix....)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The only interesting threads here are those that are poofed or moved. The rest are mostly fluff and nonsense.  Too bad we could not have a forum for interestig conversation... Thank goodness for Face Book!

Honored Contributor

I hope everyone realizes this forum is solely so that QVC can get an idea about what their buyers are thinking about how THEY are doing.

They are not interested in anything else.  My point?  Well, they want us to keep on track talking about things that in some way pertain to what they sell or do.  

The thing that always bothers me is that it stays up.....kinda like 'taunting' (anyway that's how I see it).  They have the ability to remove it....yet they leave it.

It's their website.  I don't belong to other websites because I am outspoken. I'd probably get into 'trouble' as far as confrontation.

I'd love to join a face to face group to discuss so many other things (i.e. transgender, gays, all current events and on and on).  That's my goal for the new year.

People fascinate me and I've always been interested in 'the other side of life'.  I was taught to learn and respect people who disagree with me.

I've left this forum more than once for months at a time because it's so constraint.