Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Haven’t Seen Mary in Quite a While

But I did catch a show she hosted earlier today.  Denim & Co.  Sure has changed ... I remember when she was with David and many didn't care for her and I felt differently.  She was so soft and quiet.  

"Come on navy, seriously, oh my gosh.  Look at that ... look at the price tag $26 and change.  Oh boy I'm gonna get amped up.  This is flat out robbery.  Oh, Hamptons.  Who is she and who does she live next to ... probably Martha Stewart probably." Of course she ordered one in every color.   

So loud and rather aggressive.  Not at all like I remember when I enjoyed her.  Guess that's what happens to all of them.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Haven’t Seen Mary in Quite a While

I had to laugh at the Martha Stewart reference.  Love Mary so she gets a pass from me.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 - Mary has been hosting "In the Kitchen with Mary" for three hours every Saturday on Q2 for quite awhile now, she's the cohost for ITKWD on Sundays, and she often hosts in the morning hours on the main channel a few times during the week. It sounds like you're not a fan anymore, but she always posts her schedule for upcoming shows for the week on social media if you're interested.

I think Mary has a wonderful personality, and she is one of the best hosts around when you want item details; I think her background in Q's customer service and production departments helps her really understand what viewers need to know. And as far as her "suddenly" seeming loud, to me, she's always been that way—boisterous and full of fun she just can't wait to share...  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark @loriqvc 

Glad you both enjoy her presentations, but I did not today.

Super Contributor

I love Mary DeAngelis, she is so fun in her shows with in the kitchen and with David..  Today she stepped it up with her new program Summer on the Go.  She was great, the show was fast presentation, yet she showed all the items, explained the fabrics and sizes.  I look forward to seeing her host more shows.  

Respected Contributor

I was just thinking today how much I enjoy Mary.  She is full of joy and has a fabulous personality.  I think she is very pretty too.  She has become a wonderful host IMHO.

Valued Contributor

Mary is a pass for me. She was on with happy dance yesterday peddling his book.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

But I did catch a show she hosted earlier today.  Denim & Co.  Sure has changed ... I remember when she was with David and many didn't care for her and I felt differently.  She was so soft and quiet.  

"Come on navy, seriously, oh my gosh.  Look at that ... look at the price tag $26 and change.  Oh boy I'm gonna get amped up.  This is flat out robbery.  Oh, Hamptons.  Who is she and who does she live next to ... probably Martha Stewart probably." Of course she ordered one in every color.   

So loud and rather aggressive.  Not at all like I remember when I enjoyed her.  Guess that's what happens to all of them.  

@rms1954  .... I agree with you ... she is quite different nowadays 🙃

Respected Contributor

She's one of my favorites, didn't notice any change in her presentations. 

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

She's one of my favorites, didn't notice any change in her presentations. 

@Carolina925  there hasn't been any change.  Mary is the same laugh-out-loud, funny, exuberant host she always has been.  She tries to always give all the details for shoppers, while having fun and not taking herself too seriously.  I like her a lot!