Trusted Contributor

Re: Have You Noticed...........

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

that some of the new hosts are constantly using the phrase "this is a great opportunity."   I am so sick of hearing it.  They use it constantly in one program and it sounds so shopping network.  I wish they would be more natural instead of being so rehearsed.

@Katcat1 

have you also noticed they all have a "story"? A color story, a value story, a savings story......etc, etc, etc.

@Katcat1  I know what you mean. What’s the story with that? 😄😄😄😄

Trusted Contributor

Well, it IS a shopping network. Quite honestly, I’d rather be “offered a great opportunity” than be pressured with “when they’re gone, they’re gone”. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm noticing they are  ALL scripted lately.

All, using the same script !!!

I'm so sick of it ,I just cannot listen anymore!

So I don't  ..............and I don't buy either....   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I think Carolyn Gracie is one of the "hard sell" hosts. A couple of her favorite lines are 'You can buy more than one' and 'A lot of people of picking up multiples.' Sure. Not me.

David's is 'The phone lines are EXTREMELY busy...'

Uh huh. Don't think so.

You have to wonder...are there people out there who really buy into the hosts' sales tactics?? It's just hard for me to fathom that people could be so gullible.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

huh?

If you're not listening any more how are you "noticing..." what they ALL are and aren't saying?

Considering all the complaints of their talking ad lib about family, personal preferences, not giving sizes and other pertinent info, making stupid comments to or about, etc... ...I'd welcome someone whispering "Stick to the script!" in the host's earpiece.

Honored Contributor

I always laught when the hosts say "congratulations if you got in on such and such a deal.  Like you won something😄  Ya, sure! 

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

I think Carolyn Gracie is one of the "hard sell" hosts. A couple of her favorite lines are 'You can buy more than one' and 'A lot of people of picking up multiples.' Sure. Not me.

@Mimi 1883.   One of these days I'm going to  count the number of times Carolyn says "Stay in the ordering process" during a one hour show.  I guess she thinks we're all going to hang up our phones just because she's winding up her spiel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

What really grates on my nerves is when the host(s) pressure you to buy multiples of something.  "Get one for your handbag, keep one at the office, one for gymbag, yada yada.  And the hard sell during holiday time---"get one for your neighbor, your kids bus driver, your hairdresser," etc. 

Honored Contributor

@KKJ  They are really big on that at Christmas time.  Get one for your garbageman, postman, neighbor that picks up your newspaper, the crossing guard, etc.

Honored Contributor

It amazes me that anyone still thinks the Q is just a shopping channel. The hosts think they are celebrities, I don't know any shop girls who think they are celebs.I think QVC watchers want a little more than same old same old from their celebrity hosts.