Frequent Contributor

While doing chores, cooking, and other boring things to do around the house, I have QVC on.  It's amazing to me how they can present all of the hundreds of new products that have been brought in just for the holidays (by the way, I do work). Just watched a spectcular offering of twelve sponges!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hats off to the QVC Hosts

Hundreds of new products?????????? All I see are the poor hosts presenting the SAME OLE PRODUCTS over and over......Now that does require a special talent to make it seem like the same products are exciting.....I applaud the hosts for their efforts on that note.......

Those Scrub Daddy Sponges have been on for many months.....

And yes folks, when I flip through the channels and see the same ole stuff I DO watch another channel......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Always makes me laugh out loud when I flip over to QVC and see them showing something like those silly sponges.  Don't they know we can buy those Scrub Daddy sponges at our neighborhood supermarket cheaper?  and no shipping charges?    

It's funny how the hosts can appear soooo excited about selling flashlights, sponges, etc.  Kudos to those hosts!  It must be difficult for them.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that QVC introduces hundreds of new products during the entire year!

Unless, of course, you count each iteration of Philosophy shower gel sets.

Honored Contributor

For the most part, the hosts' presentations should be very good.  They've done the same ones over and over, and have gotten so much practice.

Super Contributor

Slim chance seeing new products in on air presentations far as I've seen.

I use online searches for new products & seems they never make it to the shows.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those spectacular sponges had better not show up under my tree with my name on the tag or something spectacular will certainly happen...

Valued Contributor

i bought one of those sponges at lowes   hate it threw it out too rough

Honored Contributor

@Sir Cancelot...I keep QVC on in the background while I clean house, too. Of course, that can lead to unplanned purchases, too...LOL! Thank goodness we have a wish list!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Sir Cancelot

LOL!  A spectacular offering of 12 sponges?  Yes, I actually laughed out loud!