Trusted Contributor

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I have for several years had the various addresses for family, friends, etc. stored in QVC for when I want to buy something for one of them and have it sent to them. Last week I placed an order for a Germack product to be sent to my brother. Double checked everything before placing order. Placed order. Couple of days later I checked the status. It was "in process" and I looked everything over again. Well, my brother got the package today ........ sent in my name BUT at his address. Luckily his postal service still delivered the package to him even though it was addressed to me at his address. I have never had this happen before and with the holiday season coming it makes me a little nervous. Anyone had this happen?

Valued Contributor

Re: Has this ever happened to anyone else?

No. With their computer system nothing would surprise me!I can't track returns now for 2 days. Customer service said they are working on it!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't do send to bill to; but I don't see a problem.  Postal workers deliver things to the address on the label not the name.

My son often has packages delivered to my house b\c he's not home during the day to get his packages.

At least it was delivered to the right address.

Trusted Contributor

That is not correct ..... my postal service does not deliver unless the person lives at the address. I receive the "informed delivery" e-mail every day from the post office informing what mail/packages will be delivered that day. There have been quite a few times something was sent in my deceased husband's name and I did not receive it. When I contacted my postal service they informed me it was "returned " as "wrong" address. I have also noticed where the previous owner had a letter that was scheduled to be delivered. Not received. Called post office, told same thing. Maybe it depends on where you live .... this is what my postal service policy is.

Honored Contributor

I get mail frequently for people who lived at my house in the distant past although I have Informed Delivery too.  I think they go strictly by the address and really don't care to whom it's addressed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hadn't had that issue.  I'd contact customer service to see what they know.

Your mail person is doing things correctly.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't know why businesses have procedures. It doesn't seem anyone follows them anymore. Like I said ...... my brother (lives in a different area) received the package but I can't even get the mail addressed to my deceased husband. If they won't deliver a letter I can almost guarantee they won't deliver a package. Then again, maybe I should just be thankful I'm getting my mail!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not comfortable w/ QVC having any more personal info on me or my family than they absolutely need. Their computer system, from what I've heard, is not secure. It's not that big a deal to put in an address if I want something mailed elsewhere. I don't purchase that much for myself much less "bill to send to". 

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I don't know why businesses have procedures. It doesn't seem anyone follows them anymore. Like I said ...... my brother (lives in a different area) received the package but I can't even get the mail addressed to my deceased husband. If they won't deliver a letter I can almost guarantee they won't deliver a package. Then again, maybe I should just be thankful I'm getting my mail!!!!

@Sheila P-Burg 

This must be a case of your local post office policy.  I have no problem getting my late husband's mail.

I suggest that you go in person to your post office and tell them what is happening.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've had this happen, not only with QVC but with Homer Laughlin Fiesta as well.  I have a PO box for billing and I jump through hoops constantly to get stuff to my daughter.  I don' worry until something just plain doesn't show up.