Respected Contributor

Re: Has this ever happened to anyone else?

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get mail frequently for people who lived at my house in the distant past although I have Informed Delivery too.  I think they go strictly by the address and really don't care to whom it's addressed.

Absolutely!  No matter where I've lived I've gotten mail with someone else's name.  Can you imagine what it would take for the post office to keep up with all that?  I've never heard of names being exclusively for an address.  I've actually addressed mail to someone visiting long term at an address with no problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have not had that experience but certainly understand your frustration.

~~~All we need is LOVE💗💖

Honored Contributor

I've had stuff delivered to my work address before if it was something for DH I didn't want him to see.

I also have stuff sent to me at my SIL's address.

Valued Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get mail frequently for people who lived at my house in the distant past although I have Informed Delivery too.  I think they go strictly by the address and really don't care to whom it's addressed.

Absolutely!  No matter where I've lived I've gotten mail with someone else's name.  Can you imagine what it would take for the post office to keep up with all that?  I've never heard of names being exclusively for an address.  I've actually addressed mail to someone visiting long term at an address with no problem. 

Also there are thousands of people who have the exact same name.  No, the post office delivers mail by address.