Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed this???

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@VanSleepy   I am glad they are here.   I didn't mean it that way.  I think there are not as many threads locked.   That is why I asked.  I know they are here , just wondered if they cut back on their hours and not as many on.   I don't think HSN has these bords , do they?    Makes you wonder what will happen down the road.   

@BalletBabe.  Yes, HSN has boards.  I posted there years ago.  When they changed the format and got super strict (No criticizing anything), I lost interest and came over here.

@Kachina624   Oh well glad you came here,  or we would not have met.   I haven't ordered from them in many years.  They were first.  I will never forget the famous Tootie horn.   LOL  That guy named Steve something was so much fun to watch.  I read that he died of brain cancer.  How horrible!  I got to talk to him on air several times.  I had it down pat that the first caller was the ones that got on air.  I had it on speed dial.   My goodness how silly it all seems now.  We had a family room and living room side by side---both had tv's.  My kids came home from school one day and asked me what I was doing with both Tv's going??  I was sitting in the archway watching both.  My youngest said "Mom  I think you have a problem".  LOLOLOL   He was right.  Thank heavens I grew out of it! We even bought a parakeet and named it tootie.  Bwah ahahahahahah

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Have you also noticed there are FEWER postings?   We've all gotten slapped down - now staying in a  straight line like good little duckings - - so receiving fewer slaps.   It's boring as H**L too.

Yes, I've noticed that.

I'm mostly here at night, and I catch up on what's gone on during the day.  The past few weeks it's been obvious that MUCH less has gone on during the day.  There are definitely far fewer postings. 

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe.  I think that was Steve Chaney.  He enjoyed talking to callers more than any other host.  I really enjoyed him.  There are a few thing I like at HSN but I rarely sit and watch it.  I just order what I need online.  I used to sit on week-end and sew and watch HSN back in the old days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel a lot has to do with who is moderating.  It only stands to reason, that like us, each moderator has their own ideas about what qualifies as breaking the rules.  You can't please all the people all the time. 

I know some people are missing here and the mods are being pressured big time to give us a reason.  At least that's the way it seems to me. That's not good either.

Often times we judge the moderators and we really don't know the whole story. I am not saying that I am not curious as to why some people have seemingly been banned because... well....  I am curious.  Having a warning sign on offending post (next to posters name) or said post, would allow everyone to see what is happening.  When you reach two of those..... that poster would know and be given a chance to rectify it.  That way, if they choose not to (for whatever reason),  the rest of us will, at least see what led up to it....(agreed or not agreed) and, hopefully, eliminate all this speculation.  It's also probably not good to speak of people who have been banned and mention names when they can't speak for themselves.   This is just my take on things.    

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ @Nancy Drew  Curious why you would stay in a site if it was so full of biased posters. Must have been a free-for-all without moderators. Enough tension without racist comments on these forums.

Although something is going on! BORING is putting it lightly. Where is everyone?

Took a couple friends to CO, who are not used to the lighter mountain air! Seems we're spending a lot of time inside my condo rather than enjoying scenic Silverthorne. I'm in heaven up here and hike with neighbors. Feels good to be back. 

@BirkiLady, I can't speak for those two posters, but IMO, neither said the site was "full" of biased posters. We're all probably biased, but few become very blatant to the point of rudeness or breaching standards.

Even so, perhaps these two posters, like me, think that it's important to stay in spite of those more rambunctious ones. Why should they rule the roost? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I feel a lot has to do with who is moderating.  It only stands to reason, that like us, each moderator has their own ideas about what qualifies as breaking the rules.  You can't please all the people all the time. 

I know some people are missing here and the mods are being pressured big time to give us a reason.  At least that's the way it seems to me. That's not good either.

Often times we judge the moderators and we really don't know the whole story. I am not saying that I am not curious as to why some people have seemingly been banned because... well....  I am curious.  Having a warning sign on offending post (next to posters name) or said post, would allow everyone to see what is happening.  When you reach two of those..... that poster would know and be given a chance to rectify it.  That way, if they choose not to (for whatever reason),  the rest of us will, at least see what led up to it....(agreed or not agreed) and, hopefully, eliminate all this speculation.  It's also probably not good to speak of people who have been banned and mention names when they can't speak for themselves.   This is just my take on things.    

Well people come and go.  When you talk to someone for months and they vanish, I think it is normal to ask about them.  Personally, I don't ask to see if they were banned,  because that is everyone just guessing really.   I ask being concerned if they are sick or something like that.   I know I have taken breaks from the board because I just busier.   This Summer it rains everyday, so I have been here a lot. The bad thing IMHO is that I know people that got banned and didn't know why, and they have quit shopping at Q because of it.  

Respected Contributor

I've been out of town a few days, but did notice not as many threads are "locked". There for awhile, it seemed TOO many were being locked. "They" seem to take spurts of locking & deleting thread. I know, a few yrs ago, everything I posted got deleted. I gave up for quite awhile. 

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I also saw one that was locked and now it is not.    Maybe it is just me.   Something seems off to me.    I sure hope with the merger that the blogs don't vanish. 

Why would they? QVC's parent company bought HSN. That should have no impact on the QVC forums. If the parent company wanted them gone, they would have done that already.

Valued Contributor

OP ... in the heat of the summer in PA, probably most MODS are on vaca.   

When I 'reply', I try to disguise my distain for those who pick on others, but lately, it has not worked.  Rules are rules I guess.  Do we ever grow up as adults?   I would venture to say 'no' by the replies from some hate-filled posters.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

I totally understand people wanting to know what happens to posters who have been here a long time and then all of a sudden are not posting.  Some were long time posters and some were ill.  That is concerning.  We can say a prayer for them and/or send good thoughts their way but the choice is theirs as to whether they want to come back or not. 

I'm really getting the feeling that QVC wants to keep things geared towards them being what they are....a shopping channel.  It's my guess they want conversation here to "stay on the light side".  That won't be attractive to everyone.  Some have already said "boring", "bland", and other adjectives.  I have come to the opinion, over the years I have been here, that it's a good place to come to share, encourage, be encouraged, and get some good information.  If we want more that that..... there are thousands of other places to get that.  If we want to.... we can have both!  Then you get...."the best of both worlds" so to speak!  I do understand your concern for those missing.  It shows you really care and have a kind heart.