Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone called QVC to say how u feel about these firings?

@JONNYSBRO  not fired....laid off, a big difference....unfortunately that happens all the time in large corporations not just QVC/HSN.

Valued Contributor

@Foxxee I do not want Carolyn or Dan back either.

Valued Contributor

We don't  know, they may have been giving notice of the lay off since they are at retirement age and preferred to leave quietly.  They are not the only people to get laid off or leave their jobs.  JMO, I found both of them boring hosts.  Before I am bashed for that statement, it does not mean I dislike them as people, just did not care for them as hosts and others I don't enjoy to watch as well so my only choice is to turn the channel and that is what I do.......just like we all have some actors we enjoy watching over others.

Occasional Contributor

It's self explanatory...

Esteemed Contributor

no!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm still "on hold"........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Waste of time but both this board and QVC on Facebook are burning up with angry customers.  The suits think they know a lot more than we do.

We'll see.

You and others said the same about free shipping to new customers.Lol!!

Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1   what did he say??

Honored Contributor

@SamBrown wrote:

@QVCkitty1   what did he say??

@SamBrown , Ok, I was born at night, but not last night. It's way too controversial. Try Google.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

Has it occured to anyone that, when companies do lay-off's, it is not unusual for a them to go to long term employees (that meet age and/or years for retirement) first to see if they are willing to vacate their positions with a rich severance and payoff. I have experienced it myself and so have my friends. Many of these employees are more than happy to take the package and allow themselves an opportunty to have a second career or try something new. Perhaps, that's what happened with Dan and Carolyn. Dan has been with QVC for over 30 years, maybe he is just looking forward to retiring and spending time with family. Carolyn is still young enough to have more irons in the fire. These were well paid employees and imagine they have created a financial plan for themselves to allow for this option.