Honored Contributor
@SuhseK. I don't know about front page but H & M's house purchase was in every news source I saw online so yes, newsworthy. And yes, millions of couples got financial help with their homes, but probably did not make news all over the world by announcing their financial independence first on Instagram. You are overlooking some important facts in your post.
Trusted Contributor

If you're a son of the heir, to the British thrown, and his evil ne'er do well wife, I suppose a home purchase is a big deal and quite newsworthy.  

Nowhere, have I seen any definitive statement, on how much, if any, help, financially they received; just the typical, "sources say, it's been reported, etc." 

Since they're worth, supposedly, in the neighborhood of 

35-40 million, isn't it quite possible, they're spending a good bit of their own money 💰? The statement that I read, was that, they wanted,  to work towards financial independence.  Isn't it possible, they're doing that, quietly, behind the scenes?  For all I know, they could be setting up a nudist colony. I really never hear much about them, except, in these forums. But, then I don't go looking, either. 

The only thing I'd heard, in ages, was that William and Kate and The Queen and Phillip, had wished Meghan a happy birthday. 

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

@Travone wrote:

Well that would surely kill the Queen.

Just imagine the headline .. Queen killed by QVC announcement .....

------

😊With all the years she's been on the throne, and all the issues she's dealt with, over those many years, I'm thinking she is one tough lady! 

A member of the family, selling clothing on QVC, might set, very  poorly, but kill her? I highly doubt it!  Heck, she might even buy something 🤣

@SuhseK Fergie sold something on QVC.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

I just don't get the obsession with Harry and Megan. Our lives will never intersect so why would I care? People can speculate all they want and believe the gossip sheets, and we all know they have the inside true scoop, NOT. All innuendo, so called insiders etc. I'll live my life and they c can live theirs. 

@mspatmac And if we want to discuss and speculate about them, I guess we can live ours as well?  That leads to people who discuss and speculate us but don't know us. They just go by what we say, which is what we do about Meghan and Harry and then get dissed for doing it--which is doing that about us. . . Oh my what a cycle we have going here!  LOL!!!

Agree with you @Sooner and i was expressing my thoughts. not dissing anyone. I like discussions where people feel free to express different thoughts and opinions respectfully. LIke us HeartSmiley Very Happy  Stay safe

@mspatmac I agree.  I think it is so sad now that many people can't discuss anything with someone who doesn't agree with them. 

@Sooner  Amen... There seems to be evolving a clear double standard and it's becoming glaring, not just here, but everywhere... There is a certain ilk out there and it's growing... Despite their declarations of open mindedness they appear to have absolutely no tolerance for any point of view they don't share... Frankly, I think it's upsetting, unfortunate and dangerous... It's actually little more than just another vestige of entitlement... Fortunately, I see this thread, so far, has a very different tone than the usual H&M threads and hope the mutual tolerance continues...

Needless to say, I'm not remotely interested in anything Harry and/or Meghan might or might not sell on QVC or elsewhere...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
Highly doubt the Duchess even knows what QVC is so chances are slim she’ll be peddling clothes here:-)
But wait, I remember The First Lady used to be on selling watches. They were fun shows to watch.

@HB glamma The First Lady?  WHO?  I don't remember that one!  

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

How would us mere mortals afford a clothing line by Meghan?

Perhaps in addition to helping fund their excursion into 'independence' Prince Charles' largesse might extend to us, so that we would purchase her togs, support their independence and keep them the heck out of the UK... Just a thought...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't care for her sense of style.  I find it drab, plain, unimagitive.  Never any zip or adornment.  She can keep it and far, far away.

I think she is elegant and always looks great.

What would you have her wear, Quaker or Flexibelle? Hahaha!

@ellaphant    Since you have nothing significant to contribute, please ignore my posts. Hahaha!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic

Honored Contributor
@Sooner. Blaine Trump, related to the family by marriage and a friend of Joan Rivers, used to sell a clothing line at Q.