Honored Contributor

I can't stand that Pat always says "buy two, buy as many as you like," but now I see that other hosts are saying this, and I really don't like it.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I can't stand that Pat always says "buy two, buy as many as you like," but now I see that other hosts are saying this, and I really don't like it.

Then they cut off customers  (close their accounts) who return too much.

Respected Contributor

Mary Beth is no better than all the other used car salesmen on QVC.  They have very little (if any) credibility.  They very often contradict themselves.  They should have either noses like Pinocchio or Oscars lol.

Regular Contributor

The hosts remind me of barkers at fairs.  They too use the "buy it before it is gone" technique. 

Honored Contributor

The hosts suggesting to buy several has no impact on my shopping.  If I only want to buy one, I buy one.  It's their job to sell.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hard - Sell tactics.

[ Edited ]

I find it an annoying sales spiel, but obviously they have been directed to do this per management. I have a job and I have to do as I am directed by my boss. I try to keep that in the back of my head.

Luckily, for me the 'Q' has not had anything on that I really wish to view,  so my exposure to the sales pitch to purchase multiples of everything has been limited.

Esteemed Contributor

Hosts could "save" their integrity by not making their selling personal. But, obviously they've researched and found that, yes, there are many people who will buy a product b/c their favorite hosts like it and have it.

It's a real turn off to me.